Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Convenient hotel in Johannesburg for a few day stay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Smile Convenient hotel in Johannesburg for a few day stay

We will arrive in JNB on May 2 and spend a few days there until going on to CPT for a conference. Can you recommend a hotel that is near transit and easy to get to various sights such as Art on Main or Apartheid Museum? We don't need luxury, but clean is necessary. A spot near the Gautrain might be a good thing, too.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by calittlemac
We will arrive in JNB on May 2 and spend a few days there until going on to CPT for a conference. Can you recommend a hotel that is near transit and easy to get to various sights such as Art on Main or Apartheid Museum? We don't need luxury, but clean is necessary. A spot near the Gautrain might be a good thing, too.
We did the same thing a few years back. Flew into JNB stayed a couple days. Then we flew on to Mauritius and Reunion for holidays. We stayed in Rosebank at the Winston Hotel. It was very nice and I would recommend it. We took the Gautrain from the airport and walked to the hotel from the Rosebank station. Its near a nice commercial area with restaurants. We did a day tour that took us to Soweto (we did not want to get a car for a short period of time).

Good luck!
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:20 am
Community Director Emerita

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Gautrain. It is opposite the Gautrain Station in Sandton.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: BA BD SA
There's a Holiday Inn next to the Gautrain station in Rosebank too.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 1:21 am

Radisson Blu Gautrain is perfect. Stayed there too. Excellent service.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As Cheetah_SA mentioned the Holiday Inn Rosebank is a good option and a short walk from the Gautrain station. Good variety of places to eat and shopping nearby.

This is the location of the Radisson Blu Gautrain which is near Sandton City with its range of upmarket stores and places to eat. I think Rosebank is a slightly better option if you plan on visiting Joburg CBD for Art on Main.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
We did the same thing a few years back. Flew into JNB stayed a couple days. Then we flew on to Mauritius and Reunion for holidays. We stayed in Rosebank at the Winston Hotel. It was very nice and I would recommend it. We took the Gautrain from the airport and walked to the hotel from the Rosebank station. Its near a nice commercial area with restaurants. We did a day tour that took us to Soweto (we did not want to get a car for a short period of time).

Good luck!
I searched for the Winston with no luck except one on the South Peninsula which doesn't seem correct. A friend of a friend suggested the Monarch which must be near where you stayed in Rosebank. I will check it out.

How about them Donkeys as we call the Broncos when they play poorly? Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.