Wiki Posts
Search

Erg Chigaga Desert Camp - Morocco

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Erg Chigaga Desert Camp - Morocco

I'm doing some research for a forthcoming trip to Morocco and came across the possibility of a desert camp at Erg Chigaga. I'm wondering if anyone here has stayed or has any comments on the experience.

www.campmorocco.com
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...aa_Region.html
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'm staying at this one next month and will report back: http://ksar-tin-hinan.com/luxury-camp/
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
How many days are you going to be staying at the tent camp? Are you self driving or using a car and driver? I know for sure we will go for the car and driver option to/from Marrakech. To me this is likely to be the highlight of our trip, one of those once in a lifetime things. We are also going to be there in September if I can get something booked. It has been a last minute decision to add Morocco to the itinerary.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Toula
How many days are you going to be staying at the tent camp? Are you self driving or using a car and driver? I know for sure we will go for the car and driver option to/from Marrakech. To me this is likely to be the highlight of our trip, one of those once in a lifetime things. We are also going to be there in September if I can get something booked. It has been a last minute decision to add Morocco to the itinerary.
We're only there for one night as part of a three-day trip booked with Authentic Morocco that will start in Marrakech and stop in Fes. I camped in the Sahara about 10 years ago with one night near M'Hamid and one near Zagora. One of the challenges of a multi-day camping experience is that it's still really hot in the desert in September, so there's not a ton you can do. (On that trip, we were using a company that owned a riad in Zagora, so we hung out at their pool before heading to our second camp.)

My Mom did a Authentic Morocco Sahara trip last spring and raved about them. However, she wasn't a huge fan of Erg Chebbi. (She stayed at the regular camp, I'm doing the glamping option this time around.) On our trip 10 years ago, we were a group of 8 and stayed at camps that were far from other camps and where we were the only people at the camp. On her trip last year, she said there were a lot of other campers nearby, which ruined some of the tranquility.

Where else are you going in Morocco? Ours is/was a spur-of-the-moment trip, so we didn't put a lot of thought into the itinerary when booking tickets. Unfortunately we're only in Morocco for 7 days, so we're just doing Marrakech, Fes and the Sahara. (It's my boyfriend's first trip to Morocco, my third and shortest trip -- I've done 2-3 week trips in the past.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.