Choosing Lodge in Kruger

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Choosing Lodge in Kruger

For the dates and price we want we have two options

1. Elephant Plaing
2. Hamilton Tented camp

Anyone have any advice on which one is better?

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I don't have any experience but for my upcoming trip I chose Elephant Plains. I read so many positive reviews and comments from users about EP.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would personally choose neither, but if your options are restricted to these two, then you should realize that the former is on private land, and the latter in a concession in the Kruger National Park. The KNP has far stricter rules on road building, off-roading etc. Hamilton's road network is very sparse compared to private reserves, and they may not go off road willy-nilly. That's good for many reasons, but may have a negative impact on game viewing.

Johan
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:23 am

we stayed at naledi and it was incredible. great price, food was 5*, saw everything but leopard. highly reccomended.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by leftpinky
we stayed at naledi and it was incredible. great price, food was 5*, saw everything but leopard. highly reccomended.
and we stayed at the park-run facilities, paid $20 for the pre-dawn game drive, and saw a leopard ... go figure .... for a 5* facility - they should guarantee a leopard!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I would personally choose neither, but if your options are restricted to these two, then you should realize that the former is on private land, and the latter in a concession in the Kruger National Park. The KNP has far stricter rules on road building, off-roading etc. Hamilton's road network is very sparse compared to private reserves, and they may not go off road willy-nilly. That's good for many reasons, but may have a negative impact on game viewing.

Johan
Johan - what are your thoughts on Elephant Plains? I am booked for one night in March and read good reviews on them.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
and we stayed at the park-run facilities, paid $20 for the pre-dawn game drive, and saw a leopard ... go figure .... for a 5* facility - they should guarantee a leopard!
Careful with the guarantee as some 5* have been caught baiting Leopards for sightings before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.