Algeria visa invitation

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call the embassy and ask for a status.
Old May 20, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Call the embassy and ask for a status.
Heh, I did, a few times. Eventually got a nice guy who told me "don't worry, I got you. If not this week, probably next week." So a little concerned about the timing of it, but doesn't sound lost. Just wondering if anyone else's is similarly delayed.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by danielm
Heh, I did, a few times. Eventually got a nice guy who told me "don't worry, I got you. If not this week, probably next week." So a little concerned about the timing of it, but doesn't sound lost. Just wondering if anyone else's is similarly delayed.
Figure I'd update. On Saturday afternoon the embassy told me that they'd processed it that morning and that they "gave it to the postman." Now, since it was a fedex overnight envelope, the postman wasn't the best person to give it to. Fedex doesn't have it. The consulate doesn't have it. Hopefully, I'll eventually have it. If I ever do this again, I am definitely going to drop it off myself, or use an agent. Fingers tightly crossed.
Old May 21, 2017, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least it sounds like they issued you a visa.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by danielm
Figure I'd update. On Saturday afternoon the embassy told me that they'd processed it that morning and that they "gave it to the postman." Now, since it was a fedex overnight envelope, the postman wasn't the best person to give it to. Fedex doesn't have it. The consulate doesn't have it. Hopefully, I'll eventually have it. If I ever do this again, I am definitely going to drop it off myself, or use an agent. Fingers tightly crossed.
Let us know when you do get it!
Old May 25, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Let us know when you do get it!
I am at last exceedingly happy to report that my passport came in the mail today, precisely 21 days after I overnighted it to New York. I received a single-entry 90-day Visa. I would suggest that anyone planning to apply for the Visa be prepared for a very long wait time.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
US citizen here. I just got a 2 year multiple entry visa for Algeria with no issue. Took 9 days. I provided my flight itinerary, hotel reservation confirmation and summary page for my bank account.
Hey TomMM, I see you got a 2 year multiple entry visa- did you have more than one confirmed ticket to Algeria upcoming? Did you request the multiple entry one? I see the next person who reported in this thread just got a single entry visa.
Thanks!
Old May 31, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey TomMM, I see you got a 2 year multiple entry visa- did you have more than one confirmed ticket to Algeria upcoming? Did you request the multiple entry one? I see the next person who reported in this thread just got a single entry visa.
Thanks!
I had one confirmed ticket and yes, I requested a multiple entry visa. That was the only option offered by the visa company i used.

I just returned from Algiers and loved it.
Old May 31, 2017, 12:38 pm

I had one confirmed ticket and yes, I requested a multiple entry visa. That was the only option offered by the visa company i used.

I just returned from Algiers and loved it.
Ok that's great to know.
A few more follow up questions:

1) Can you send me the name of the Visa agent you used?
2) Have you written up any trip reports or reviews of your trip?
Any info is hugely appreciated-- I see very little about Algeria in English online. We will be going in August!
Thanks for any details/info you can send. Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to share online.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok that's great to know.
A few more follow up questions:

1) Can you send me the name of the Visa agent you used?
2) Have you written up any trip reports or reviews of your trip?
Any info is hugely appreciated-- I see very little about Algeria in English online. We will be going in August!
Thanks for any details/info you can send. Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to share online.
I sent a PM with the visa company name.

Regarding the trip:

I spent this past weekend in Algiers and found it very nice with friendly people. The weather was beautiful. The downside was I arrived at the beginning of Ramadan and the cafe's and restaurants in the city were closed. I had to eat at the hotel. Markets, bakeries and pastry shops were open.

Learn some French or Arabic! I didn't encounter a lot of english speakers on the street or markets. It seems normal for drivers to stop and ask for directions and when I said "English?" they laughed and moved on.

The airport was pretty easy. Kind of reminded me of the Marrakech airport. They are building a new terminal that looks really nice but isn't completed yet.

Prices, well I had to eat at the the Sofitel so that is not a good comparison. I like to use the cost of a bottle of coke. I could buy a 1 liter bottle of coke for 95 Dinars, about 90 us cents. Where I live, that would cost $1. A big round loaf of bread was 30 Dinars. The gondola ride up into the hills was 60 Dinars roundtrip. I used the free hotel shuttle to/from the airport and walked around the city so I can't comment about the cost of a taxi.

Overall Algiers reminded me of Tunis but slightly more laid back.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
US citizen here. I just got a 2 year multiple entry visa for Algeria with no issue. Took 9 days. I provided my flight itinerary, hotel reservation confirmation and summary page for my bank account.
Same here. Took me 12 calendar days since I mailed it by USPS Priority mail. Dont know what option I checked but they were kind to provide me with a 2 year multiple entry visa. You bet I will make 3-4 trips to derive value of the $160 visa fee
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:23 pm

My visa did come fairly quickly too.
Did a 12-day trip in August. We used a travel agent for a few day tours. Constantine 3 nights (Marriott is FANTASTIC), day trip from there to Djemila, the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Roman Ruin about 90 min from Constantine, is a must see.
We also did a day tour of Algiers, and a day tour to the coastline Roman Ruin about an hour out of Algiers.
Finally, we did a 3-night trip into the Sahara Desert, a highlight of the trip.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Totally loved the trip, pretty much a secret destination for foreign tourists.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:07 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

My visa did come fairly quickly too.
Did a 12-day trip in August. We used a travel agent for a few day tours. Constantine 3 nights (Marriott is FANTASTIC), day trip from there to Djemila, the stunning UNESCO World Heritage Roman Ruin about 90 min from Constantine, is a must see.
Finally, we did a 3-night trip into the Sahara Desert, a highlight of the trip.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Totally loved the trip, pretty much a secret destination for foreign tourists.
Did you make it to Djanet and M'zab? Did you arrange the tours before getting to Algeria?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Did you make it to Djanet and M'zab? Did you arrange the tours before getting to Algeria?
No just the places I listed below, all with guides.

Overnight trips:
3-night Sahara trip to Taghit (flew to Bechar and then had a full tour-- Camel rides, dune climbing, local meals, stayed at the Hotel Saoura Taghit-- it was an amazing trip)

Day Trips:
Day trips from Constantine to Djemila Ruins(90 min away)-- DO NOT MISS- and also to a smaller Ruins just outside of Constantine.
Day trip from Algiers to Tipasa Ruins-- beautiful coastal Roman Ruins an easy day trip.
Day trip -- Algiers City Tour

The Day trips were all around US$100-150 total for 2 people.
The 3 day trip was more expensive and will be dependent upon your lodging choice, whether you want local or international meals, which daytime activities you do, etc.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 12:37 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

No just the places I listed below, all with guides.

Overnight trips:
3-night Sahara trip to Taghit (flew to Bechar and then had a full tour-- Camel rides, dune climbing, local meals, stayed at the Hotel Saoura Taghit-- it was an amazing trip)

Day Trips:
Day trips from Constantine to Djemila Ruins(90 min away)-- DO NOT MISS- and also to a smaller Ruins just outside of Constantine.
Day trip from Algiers to Tipasa Ruins-- beautiful coastal Roman Ruins an easy day trip.
Day trip -- Algiers City Tour

The Day trips were all around US$100-150 total for 2 people.
The 3 day trip was more expensive and will be dependent upon your lodging choice, whether you want local or international meals, which daytime activities you do, etc.
Appreciate your reply, kyushuman. Tipasa and Constantine look like good stops...hope to add the other two places I listed, if I ever get to Algeria. Perhaps to start with the YUL-ALG route...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.