Wiki Posts
Search

CHI-JNB-TNR-CHI: Buy Now or Wait?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA
CHI-JNB-TNR-CHI: Buy Now or Wait?

Hello, this is my first venture into the Africa subforum!

I'm helping some friends book a multi-city itinerary for mid-September (leaving around the 13th) and would very much appreciate some insight on pricing. Their plan is to leave from Chicago to JNB for a week or so, then onto TNR or another week or so, and then back to Chicago. They are pretty flexible on dates and aren't loyal to any particular airlines. They just want the best balance between price and minimal hassle in transit (few layovers).

So far I'm finding itineraries in the range of $1860-$1930 depending on airlines. Cheapest options are on KLM or Delta to JNB, then South African Air from JNB to TNR, then Air France or Delta on the return. Am I likely to see a better price or does this seem like a good deal? My thought is that with a multi-stop itinarary that includes an exotic destination like Madagascar this seems like a decent price. Plus they only have one layover each way (the JNB-TNR leg is direct). Should I tell them to book now or is it worth holding a month or two to see if something better comes along? Other midwest departure/return cities don't offer any cost savings. Thanks in advance!

PS: I've told them about the "Trick It" thread but I haven't posted or read much there for a couple years so I don't know if that is even an option. If it is, I'd appreciate any hints that might get me searching in the right direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.