Wiki Posts
Search

Madagascar: May-Aug 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Madagascar: May-Aug 2013

Hello !

I had a wonderful time this past summer (May-Aug), performing academic research in Brazil for 2 months, and spending the other 2 months traveling around and enjoying Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina and Uruguay.

For next summer, May - August 2013, I am thinking about another academic summer semester, this time in Madagascar. Officially, the academic component would be all of June and July. 2 months.

That would leave me with another 2 months (May & August) "free", to travel and enjoy.

Probably would like some of that "extra" time to explore around Madagascar. How long should I plan for this to be? The entire "extra" 2 months? Or ???

With any remaining time, what other countr(y/ies) should I visit?

Trying to balance this with cost and logistics.

Can depart from virtually any NorthEast US city from Wash DC up to Boston, but NYC preferred.

Would it make sense to book 2 separate RT's, one nested inside the other? I.e., NYC to some country (5/1/13), some country to NYC (9/1/13); some country to Madagascar (5/31/13), Madagascar to some country (8/1/13).

Given the expense of NYC-TNR, maybe nested RT's to "some country" might be cheaper than NYC-TNR-NYC ?

Have never traveled to Africa before.

Understand that there are flights from JNB and NBO to TNR.

Any others?

Just want to spend my airfare $ as wisely as possible, to go from East Coast USA to Madagascar, likely with a stopover (in either, or both, direction(s)).

Any thoughts or comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks !
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended

TNR is served nonstop, internationally from JNB, NBO, BKK, MRU, RUN, ZSE, DZA, AJN, HAH, MRS, ORY, and CDG.

You can take a look at airfares with stopovers by using: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.