Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sabi Sands/JNB/DOH/JFK on Qatar airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Sabi Sands/JNB/DOH/JFK on Qatar airlines

We are flying from Sabi Sands to JNB. Then JNB/DOH/JFK in business on Qatar.
I assume that upon arrival in JNB we go to the International terminal and check in at the Qatar desk. Any idea how much time we should give ourselves from the time this small plane lands in JNB to the time we should be at the gate? Also, will a business class ticket or our Priority Pass get us into a lounge in JNB?
Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Check the transfer at JNB threads in the Africa forum is my suggestion.

Starting at JNB, I was advised to get there 2.5 hours earlier (flying F on BA) and that was the right amount of time. Immigration was a long, long line. Had about 40 minutes at the BA lounge, and since the gate was at the opposite end of the terminal, it was final boarding call when I got to the gate.

If you have to clear immigration at JNB, then 2.5 hours is my suggestion. If you have to reclaim luggage, then more.

But I would defer to advice given in the Africa forum.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From which lodge or airstrip in Sabi Sands?

If you are flying on Federal Air, you will arrive at their own terminal on the northeastern side of JNB, next to the biz jet hangars and terminals. Fedair will then drive you around the airport perimiter to International Departures. You should be there within 30 minutes of landing, unless they want to fill the vehicle up and ask you to wait for passengers arriving on a later flight. They will obviously not do this if you have a tight connection.

If you can avoid the early evening rush hour (I'm not sure when your Qatar flight departs), you should clear security and immigrations in about than 10 minutes, often a lot quicker.

Johan
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
As a business class passenger you will have access to a lounge in JNB. I am guessing it will be one of the larger shared lounges, all of which are fine to use. Some have showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.