Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
153 people feared dead in Nigerian plane crash

MSNBC: 153 people feared dead in Nigerian plane crash

Not good...

Nigerian authorities said Sunday that as many as 153 people were aboard a Dana Airlines passenger jet that crashed into a two-story building in Lagos, the country's largest city. "I don't believe there are any survivors," said Harold Denuren, Nigeria's director of aviation.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:09 am
Ambassador

Sad day for West African aviation.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:24 am

http://www.scoan.org/

The revered Prophet Temitope Joshua, the spiritual head of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has revealed that a devastating air mishap is imminent except Nigerians pray fervently to avoid it. Speaking during a Sunday service at his expansive church, the man of God made the appeal as he revealed a prophecy God had shown concerning the aviation industry. During the revelation, the prophet said that the imminent plane crash will not be caused by a pilot error or due to a faulty airplane, but will be security-related. The prophecy also revealed that the plane crash, if not averted, will involve one of Nigeria’s local flights. The prophet therefore advised Nigerians to pray zealously so that the country will not experience such a disaster, which might claim the lives of many government officials. As part of measures to avoid being a victim of the crash, T.B Joshua advised people who want to travel by air to always recite Psalm 91 before boarding any aircraft in order to ensure safe landing.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amazing! That god of his must not have been listening, or else they didn't pray fervently enough.

Johan
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Unhappy

I found out one of the girls I went to college with and worked with for a while was on that flight with her sister. Texas Tech EE dept.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Amazing! That god of his must not have been listening, or else they didn't pray fervently enough.
Joshua has a fairly good record with "prophecies" about plane crashes lately. Last month, he predicted the crash of a "blue plane" in Indonesia on a Wednesday, which matched up pretty accurately with the Sukhoi crash there.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by chuckisduck
I found out one of the girls I went to college with and worked with for a while was on that flight with her sister. Texas Tech EE dept.
I'm sorry to hear about your school mate...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Joshua has a fairly good record with "prophecies" about plane crashes lately. Last month, he predicted the crash of a "blue plane" in Indonesia on a Wednesday, which matched up pretty accurately with the Sukhoi crash there.
Is he only into plane crashes? If he keeps on predicting them every Sunday sermon, he is bound to get lucky sooner or later. The predictions that come true the rest of the world gets to hear about, the rest never get mentioned.

Johan
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:12 pm

Is he only into plane crashes?
Oh no, he's also into football scores, election results and occasionally deaths of public figures. He's quite diversified.

TB Joshua Football Prophecy Sees Super Eagles Crash Out!

TB Joshua claims he prophesied French election results

T. B. Joshua's Prophecy Come To Pass As An African President Dies
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
Originally Posted by chuckisduck
Very sorry to hear about your friend. Currently in Lagos and my colleagues and I knew a surprisingly large number of people on that flight. We are still in the third day of morning. Sticking with Arik/Aero for my domestic flights here.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh no, he's also into football scores, election results and occasionally deaths of public figures. He's quite diversified.
Then he should be a very wealthy man by now, assuming his predictions are spot on.

Johan
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:32 pm

Then he should be a very wealthy man by now, assuming his predictions are spot on.
Forbes estimated him to be the 3rd wealthiest pastor in Nigeria.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobon...rs-in-nigeria/
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forbes estimated him to be the 3rd wealthiest pastor in Nigeria.
What about the two wealthier ones? Are they just as good at predicting the future, or are they just ordinary crooks and fraudsters?

Johan
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:52 pm

What about the two wealthier ones? Are they just as good at predicting the future, or are they just ordinary crooks and fraudsters?
David Oyedepo is better known for his fleet of private jets than anything else he does. Chris Oyakhilome came to prominence a few years ago after he started selling tickets to some of his more popular church services.

TB Joshua is the big name when it comes to predicting the future though. He's picked Nigeria over Malawi in the World Cup qualifier tomorrow in case you're planning a flutter...
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rwoman
I'm sorry to hear about your school mate...
Yes, unfortunately, she didn't survive today. My condolences to her existence family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.