Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights into SA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Flights into SA

My wife and I are considering visiting SA next spring. I was wondering if anyone with experience could help me figure out the cheapest way to fly into JNB or CPT. We live in Birmingham, AL, could easily drive to ATL, and would be willing to get to SA via Europe and could even spend a day at our layover stop.

I guess the same question, a different way, is: does anyone know of a website that allows you to "back into" a destination? The idea would be I plug in my final destination, then look for the cheapest flights into that destination, then look for the cheapest flights into that destination, etc. I understand that sites like Kayak, etc search for cheap flights but it seems like this would be a slightly different way of finding the cheapest flight.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Primier Gold, DL nada, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum
There are direct flights to JNB or CPT from many points in Europe on several carriers as well as direct flights to JNB from JFK and IAD on South African Airlines. Kayak will also let you look at layover airports in the bottom of the left screen which could also be a method of finding where you may transit.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Malaysia Airlines flies from South America, i think EZE to CPT and may be cheaper.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
In July-Aug 2010, my two sons did a RT ATL-JNB with Delta. It was direct and cheap.
Between JNB-CPT use one of the South African LCC flights or take the train in posh(er) sleeper (berth) and see the Karoo and ... as you speed by on the electric train.
Look at the following search engine for results: matrix.itasoftware.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.