Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Email Introducing AERCLUB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Email Introducing AERCLUB

Dear XXXXX,

We're delighted to be bringing you an advance introduction to AerClub, the new loyalty programme of Aer Lingus. Our brand new programme is all about rewarding and recognising loyalty, in the air, on the ground, and online. Over the next few weeks, we'll be continuing our programme of enhancements, and we'll continue to update you with more news. In the meantime, remember to use your membership number when booking flights. Your flight activity will be recorded, and any Avios points and Tier Credits will be credited to your account.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Just received that email too. A quick glance at their (slightly) updated website has revealed no new information as far as I can tell.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG:Gold, IHG: Spire AMB, Marriott: Gold, HH: Diamond, EI: Concierge
That really is a nothing email. No information of use, I would have thought they would have been better not sending it.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Agreed.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: EI Gold
Would make you think they're not really on track for migration at the end of November - seems like this email is buying time as no new information of use at all.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by dubal
That really is a nothing email. No information of use, I would have thought they would have been better not sending it.
Haha, I read it twice as I thought I missed the point of it. Completely nonsense email.

By the way, anyone know if ones EI and BA avios accounts/ff numbers will be merged?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:40 am

I rang the US GC number yesterday and the automated answer was Aer Club so its changing over alright and the people at the Gold Circle Lounges seem confident and on message for a change.

I expect a proper communication in the next week this one is just some marketing person getting carried away I reckon.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I received my email at 2.16 pm. I hope that doesn't imply I am low down in the pecking order. I am currently elite and believe I have maintained that. This is going to be be a nervous wait...
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
1359 here, Prestige

The best data is the staff on the ground. Many here have asked and been told various dates and they all seem to align up

There is no doubt some horse trading going on to decide how many members at each level there will be against the cost of the lounge access at outstations and the free upgrades

I had a monster point earn in Dec 15/Jan 16 enough to earn Gold status in less than 8 weeks all back in Y, so they better sort this out soon or else I might fall off a cliff status wise
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: EI Gold
I received the email 13:58 and current Gold.

Nervous wait for me also, I have 1200 points coming in Y in the next two weeks. Current membership expires end of Nov. and I'm roughly looking 200 points short of Gold renewal as things stand so not sure what way it will go.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
Well, if you look at the Aer Club T's &C's it states "effective 29th Nov" so that would be the best bet (for now!)
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Good catch

Also points to a must at least fly 2 EI sectors per tier, so you need 4 at Platinum

Status is remained of member year + 12 months

All reads very BAEC
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:01 am

I got my mail at 13:58, Elite, so I can't imagine they did separate mailshots.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
I feel so loved as mine came in at 13:57!!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Good catch

Also points to a must at least fly 2 EI sectors per tier, so you need 4 at Platinum

Status is remained of member year + 12 months

All reads very BAEC
Recognition will be almost identical I would imagine no reason why it wouldn't be.

Reward avios spend model is where the USP is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.