Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Club delayed AGAIN until end 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

AerClub delayed until late 2016 now
Old May 26, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
source?

It's probably not going to happen until the oneworld re-entry happens.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
source?

Just received an email for EI

Also on there website now too! End of 2016.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Aer Club Delays!!

My Gold Circle Membership runs out in Sept, is it true that you can no longer buy a years access, as I have about 9000 points?

I had counted on there being no further delays to Aer Club's introduction, silly me! I have flown probably 70-80 times in the last year with EI, but only gained 1200 or so points from qualifying flights, so I'll not qualify for another year.

I'd believe I'd be looking at Platinum Level Aer club access assuming it's the same as BA's Silver, with qualification on frequency from 50 flights.

I'm sure I can be the only person in this boat, anyone have any thoughts on this scenario?

I will probably give them a call tomorrow.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: EIGC, HH, BAEC, CC
Shame there is going to be a delay. I really made an effort to get gold again for this year but now Im going to focus my flying with BA until the situation is cleared up. I wont have earned enough in last 12 months to qualify but its hard to do when you dont know which 12 months will be the last 12!

Dear Eoin,

We previously informed you that Gold Circle would be closing on 30th June. It’s been said that if something’s worth doing, then it’s worth doing well, so with this in mind, we’re taking a little more time to ensure we deliver the best possible loyalty programme for you.

In the interests of all of our existing members, Gold Circle will continue to remain open until AerClub launches towards the end of 2016.

Your feedback has been invaluable to us, and we want you to know that we’re continuing to use that feedback to help us develop AerClub.

What does this mean for you?
While Gold Circle remains open, you’ll continue to collect points for your flights with Aer Lingus and selected partner airlines. You can still take advantage of your lounge access and travel benefits. Any movement between tiers during this period will be captured and processed as normal.

Rest assured that we are continuing to capture your flight activity as usual, and these flights will go towards determining your new AerClub membership tier.

Some helpful FAQs
Some of your fellow Gold Circle members have had a few questions for us, and you may find the answers helpful.

What tier will I be in at the start of AerClub?
As an existing Gold Circle member, your tier will be determined by the number of points you’ve accumulated in the 12 months before the changeover. Your points total will be determined when Gold Circle closes and you’ll receive confirmation of your AerClub tier in the month before the programme begins.

Once AerClub has launched, how will the tiers be determined?
This new programme will recognise the most loyal and frequent Aer Lingus flyers, as Tier Credits will be awarded on the basis of flights flown and the amount spent with Aer Lingus and selected partner airlines over a 12 month period. The number of Tier Credits you earn will determine your level of membership within AerClub and, in turn, the benefits available to you.

Do I need to do anything to move to AerClub?
No. As an existing Gold Circle member, you’ll be contacted directly before the launch of AerClub, unless you’ve asked us not to. Your AerClub account will be created automatically.

Can I continue to use my Gold Circle benefits?
Yes, the programme will continue as normal until it closes towards the end of 2016. This includes any regular tier movement as a part of Gold Circle membership.

For more FAQs, please click here.

We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to sharing the benefits of AerClub membership with you.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
What a joke!
Old May 26, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
source?

I tend to agree...it will make sense as they delay more & more to eventually synchronise
Old May 26, 2016, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Absolutely pathetic but then again EI never knew how to run a loyalty scheme
Old May 26, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Hmmm... This explains the new GC card valid to May 2017 that just landed in my postbox.

On the bright side I would be pretty confident that anyone who qualifies for a GC tier between now and when AerClub launches will be grandfathered in at the equivalent tier.
Old May 26, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Curious lounge staff said the Aer Club membership packs were on the way...

Good news is the wording has changed to reflect flights taken on Aer Lingus and partners
Old May 26, 2016, 8:15 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by Dambus
Hmmm... This explains the new GC card valid to May 2017 that just landed in my postbox.

On the bright side I would be pretty confident that anyone who qualifies for a GC tier between now and when AerClub launches will be grandfathered in at the equivalent tier.
Let's hope so.....I've just made Elite.^
Old May 27, 2016, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dardania
I tend to agree...it will make sense as they delay more & more to eventually synchronise
Oneworld won't happen until 2018 at the earliest
Old May 27, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I was hoping they would stick to the date and the new scheme may actually award points when you take a flight rather than having to request them constantly!!
Old May 27, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Aer Club Entry Criteria

Spoke to the Gold Circle team today, the guy was implying that the initial criteria for entry to Aer Club tiers will be based on the old Gold Circle levels, rather than as I would've expected on frequency/spend as alluded to on the Aer Club page of the website.

It was suggested that until it launched (Aer Club) they wouldn't have the capability to work on the new criteria and thus the only information available to them would be Gold Circle points. I find this hard to believe, as the new website lists all your trip history (from Sept 2015 onwards anyway).

I'm going to have to take some plus fares now in the coming weeks to make sure I qualify again, as he told me that if I drop out of Gold Circle I'll pretty much be at the back of the queue for Aer Club.

Going forward that also means I'll have to ensure I've always got a 12-month rolling 2400 points each month, just in case I don't qualify for Aer Club, with the proposed 12-month look back criteria.

It's very disappointing that they can't tell us the qualification criteria in advance, so everyone has a chance to top up points if needs be. I can see a few people being unexpectedly dropped to the 4th Tier in the new regime.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by EIFREZY
My Gold Circle Membership runs out in Sept, is it true that you can no longer buy a years access, as I have about 9000 points?

I had counted on there being no further delays to Aer Club's introduction, silly me! I have flown probably 70-80 times in the last year with EI, but only gained 1200 or so points from qualifying flights, so I'll not qualify for another year.

I'd believe I'd be looking at Platinum Level Aer club access assuming it's the same as BA's Silver, with qualification on frequency from 50 flights.

I'm sure I can be the only person in this boat, anyone have any thoughts on this scenario?

I will probably give them a call tomorrow.
My Prestige membership runs out the end of May and I haven't earned enough to requalify even to gold level. I was however given a soft landing to Gold with the new card valid to May 17!! So depending on your current level you may get a similar soft landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.