Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus NEW Business Class trip report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:43 am
Original Poster

A mini report from another forum which has a few photos. Not as extensive as I would have liked but still a taster for those interested.

http://travelskills.com/2015/03/25/t...usiness-class/
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I'm looking forward to the next part of the report about the food I've already booked in 3A and 5K for later this year. Looking forward to it!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
just secured 5K seat for DUB-SFO early next year ... can't wait
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:20 pm

I flew them last November and it was the worst flight I have ever flown. Horrible seats and my diabetic meal was not fit for my Jack Russell terrier. I'm only able to afford economy so I guess I deserved to be treated like cattle.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
http://www.independent.ie/life/trave...-31098429.html
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:37 am

Thanks for these reports - cabin looks good. I've done IE transatlantic J a few times and have always been impressed with their catering - top quarter of business class catering available anywhere, in my opinion. Look forward to getting onboard again this summer.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Thanks DELLAS for linking that TR ^

Very useful to try to figure out the layout of the single window seat on the "A" side. Something I've been trying to get a handle on for a while.

Really looking forward to getting my first "spin" in EI's new J. Their existing J product really is top class IMHO, so the new seats, along with some service improvements / additions, that I've heard about really signal some exciting times ahead.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Am a bung fan of EI business class and I only had one experience of it on a united Airways redemption. I must say I still talk about it.

The quality was just amazing. From the waterford crystal wine glass, waterford Wedgewood plates and newbrudge cutlery to the copious unending flow of beverages and of course the friendly Irish " I will do anything to help you be comfortable" attitude.

I have flown many times on BA J in club world but on EI I feel you are most definitely not anonymous. I do get that feeling on BA quite a lot. On EI You are just as important as anyone else in the class. I do feel that is where BA lets me down. Although they are great too, they just are not on par with the EI welcome and hospitality. My opinion and experience only of course
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Originally Posted by mrkdips
.......My opinion and experience only of course
Pretty much sums up the way I feel about EI's J product too ^
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hilton: DIA, SPG: Gold, WN: CP, UA: Silver, Marriott: Platinum
Dublin Arrivals Lounge

I've searched everywhere and even posted in a few different places and I still do not have an answer to "How the arrivals lounge in Dublin is coming along?" Does anybody have any information on when it will open?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thefig
I've searched everywhere and even posted in a few different places and I still do not have an answer to "How the arrivals lounge in Dublin is coming along?" Does anybody have any information on when it will open?
2nd QTR of 2015 it is due to open.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
2nd QTR of 2015 it is due to open.
Thanks DELLAS, I'm flying in late May to DUB, do you think the arrival lounge will be done and open my then?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:00 am
soy

Programs: various
Thanks DELLAS, I'm flying in late May to DUB, do you think the arrival lounge will be done and open my then?
I would really doubt it, and think it could easily be end of 2015 before we see the arrivals lounge. EI are pretty slow in implementing new features.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:13 am

Thank you Soy, what a bummer! I would have thought EI would be running new business seats and arrivals lounge in parallel. But guess that's not the case. With this in mind can anybody tell me the typical customs time if flying business ORD-DUB? I will want to prepare a car service for pick up and would need to know the approximate time to tell them. Arrival time is 5:15AM on a Thursday.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:57 am
soy

Programs: various
Thank you Soy, what a bummer! I would have thought EI would be running new business seats and arrivals lounge in parallel. But guess that's not the case. With this in mind can anybody tell me the typical customs time if flying business ORD-DUB? I will want to prepare a car service for pick up and would need to know the approximate time to tell them. Arrival time is 5:15AM on a Thursday.

I think you should be out of the airport by 6am. The main delay is going to be passport control. BOS,JFK,ORD and YYZ all arrive in around the same time so depending on where the ORD flight falls will determine how long the queues are (unless you have a EU passport, whereby it will take 5mins max).

Note: The TATL flights normally get in early (up to 1hr sometimes), so that should allow some buffer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.