Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

They weren't kidding about this lounge!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Moved over from BA to the Aer Lingus forum

/mod
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by layz
Will there be a contract Priority Pass lounge in T2 or have all the airlines flying from there agreed to use one of the lounges belonging to an airline?
That would be this one :

http://www.plaza-network.com/news/Pl...New-Terminal-2
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Yes plenty of that

Nice!! Looking forward to that

For the record, I really like the T2 Dublin EI lounge especially upper level. Mega relaxing
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
Surely the Jack Lynch lounge in Cork must be the worst??
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:03 pm

I know its small but I actually liked it LOL..
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH M&M Pleb, VS FC Pleb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Pleb
Originally Posted by ferg01
I quite like the Jack Lynch. Yes it's small, but usually fairly quiet, reasonable snacks/nibbles/bevvies (have you ever been in a FlyBe lounge?), and comfy chairs (although I'd much prefer to have an airside view than gazing down on checkers-in) ...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:49 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by ferg01
Of the EI lounges in ROI, DUB>ORK>SNN

All are acceptable and comparable to offerings in USA and much of EU. DUB is not a bad space to spend some time despite the OP's claims. For sure they fall down when compared against lounges in Asia, but that is not apples to apples. Likewise it is not fair to expect Flounge or VS Clubhouse standards from EI.

I do like the look of LHR T2 lounge
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
As this thread was originally started on the BA forum & the OP hasn't been back to clarify, we still don't know for sure which lounge he is speaking about.

Is it the old EI lounge up top at T1, which IIRC, BA are now using ?

Or is it the new EI lounge over at T2 ?

That old lounge at T1, could certainly be described as a "room with chairs" & is worlds apart from the lovely new lounge at T2.

To me, the description of the lounge which the OP referenced to on loungeguide.net seems like it's the old T1 lounge ?? !!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:43 am

It cant be the old EI GC lounge at T1 that closed when T2 opened then was taken over by DAA used by TK LX etc...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
One assumes it is the EI lounge in T2 at DUB.

In any case it really isn't much more than a room with table and chairs and some really basic catering. Stale pastries and some fruit salad does not make for food. Neither does the plastic cheese or the cup-a-soup that makes and appearance at lunchtime.

The EI GC lounge concept at DUB is more modelled on the likes of UA lounges than upmarket European lounge. I guess for EI we are close to Boston....

For me the only redeeming feature is the view but then I'm a self confessed avgeek.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
@kered BA use the newly amalgamated old bmi and Anna Livia lounge,that are all one space now with a reception area at the lifts.
Its coffee machine also plays vivaldi's four seasons
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
In any case it really isn't much more than a room with table and chairs and some really basic catering.
Well as the old saying goes - YMMV !

I think the Ei lounge at DUB T2 is really lovely & a very nice place to spend the time waiting for your flight. The old EI lounge at T1, yes that was nothing more than a room with chairs, but the new T3 lounge I really, really like.

Originally Posted by Earthman
Its coffee machine also plays vivaldi's four seasons
Ehhhh ok then
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:29 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by starflyergold
One assumes it is the EI lounge in T2 at DUB.

In any case it really isn't much more than a room with table and chairs and some really basic catering. Stale pastries and some fruit salad does not make for food. Neither does the plastic cheese or the cup-a-soup that makes and appearance at lunchtime.

The EI GC lounge concept at DUB is more modelled on the likes of UA lounges than upmarket European lounge. I guess for EI we are close to Boston....

For me the only redeeming feature is the view but then I'm a self confessed avgeek.
I have to agree. The view is the only thing worth mentioning about the lounge and even that's pushing it when you consider that the only thing I usually see is an Ethiad aircraft having the toilets emptied by the honey cart.

Regarding being an avgeek, I am also guilty. Off to Charlotte in early June and managed to save over a grand by booking with EI via BOS and then back via ORD. When leaving CLT I could have taken a direct into ORD on a US Airways A321, but why do that when you can fly via Atlanta with Delta on a MD90 connecting onto Chicago Midway on a B717. My chances to fly on an MD90 are diminishing and I have yet to fly on a 717. So really looking forward to the trip.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:51 am

I know I'm probably just banging my head against a wall here. But I really am stunned at the opinions being expressed on here of the EI T2 lounge at DUB

I think it's a really lovely place & far from "just a room with chairs", maybe I'm just easily pleased or something.

But then I do actually prefer BA's "UK & Ireland lounge" at LHR's T1 to the Galleries lounges at T5.

The UK & IRL lounge comes in for some serious slating over on the BA forum & I'm always reading the posts, wondering if they are talking about the same lounge I've been in

Oh well, I guess I'll just shuffle off in my stunned sense of wonder..........
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
The BA UK & Ireland lounge at LHR T1 got spruced up around six months ago.

The EI DUB T2 lounge is distinctly average. I prefer ORK's lounge as it has better pastries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.