Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

PEDs to be allowed from the end of November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

The EASA today announced that PEDs will be allowed gate to gate from the end of November.

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) will publish by the end of November 2013 guidance which will extend to all phases of flight the possibility to use personal electronic devices (PED) such as tablets, smartphones, e-readers and mp3 players as long as the devices are in ‘Flight Mode’ or ‘Airplane Mode’.
http://easa.europa.eu/communications...ase.php?id=125

I wonder how quickly EI will adopt this.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:04 am

It's sad how long it took for this to happen.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I am overgeneralizing (a bit), but this is the first thing to come out of the EASA that is actually of benefit to someone. Not bad for 10 years of existence.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
My understanding is that the EASA will allow airlines to apply to their national safety bodies for permission and certification to permit this use, rather than granting blanket permission off the bat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.