Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Using LCY/DUB on standby w/ LGW/DUB tkt

Old Aug 21, 2000, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

I am now tickted on EI from LGW to DUB. If my meeting in the City ends early, I would love to take the 1350 EI flight from LCY to DUB. Can I do this showing up as a standby at LCY? Would I still have time to make the trek to LGW for the 1515 departure if I don't get on the 1350 flight?
Old Aug 29, 2000, 4:21 pm
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
A ticket from LGW and LCY to DUB are not normally interchangeable, unless you are using one of the EI write your own tickets, which are sold in bulk (I think 5 or 10 at a time). However, if you are travelling in premier class, your tickets are just about totally flexible, there may be a small fee or if you get a nice agent on the phone, they may let you slide. The thing to do would be to call EI from London when you are done with your meeting and see if they would put you confirmed on the LCY DUB flight. If not, then you are stuck with LGW. It is a trek from LCY to LGW and the time is too tight as traffic could cause you to miss the flight. Nick could probably be more helpful with the LCY LGW travel times. I was bussed one time from LCY to LGW due to City Jet cancelling a flight. We were in the height of rush hour and I think it we were just shy of 2 hours, but we were crawling on a Friday afternoon.
Old Aug 29, 2000, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

JRF, thanks. There's a happy ending. Change fees on my fare basis only apply to the flights departing from or arriving in the U.S. My City appointment confirmed for 9 a.m., meaning I can catch the LCY flight I want. I paid $8.00 (LCY/DUB is $8 more than LGWW/DUB) and now depart from LCY. LGW avoided!!

[This message has been edited by Eidetic (edited 08-30-2000).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.