Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

BOS - DUB EI 133/ EI 132 being serviced by Privilege Style

Old May 16, 2024, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI Conc

Got the following from EI for a flight booked next week (21st may)

Thank you for choosing to travel with Aer Lingus.
With regret, due to operational reasons, your flight EI132 between Boston and Dublin will not be operated by an Aer Lingus aircraft or crew.
We have leased an aircraft from Privilege Style to operate on our behalf.

Interesting in the context of a couple of planes that went for refurb with no urgency to get them back in the air.....

Anyone had experience of Privilege Style in J?
Cheers all
Aaron
alserire likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:16 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI-EIN was damaged and is missing a winglet
aaronirsh likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
EI-EIN was damaged and is missing a winglet
Thanks and understood - one of those things! Anyway I'll be sure to let folks know the experience!
Old May 16, 2024, 10:21 am

No experience with Privilege Style, but hopefully you aren't flying on their second A321 or A330. The A321 flies 40 meters above the ground and the A330 flies at 41 meters above the ground!

https://www.privilegestyle.com/en/aircraft-fleet

Thankfully the 777 flies at 13140 meters and their other A321 at 12500 meters.

Spoiler

EDIT - I think this is business on their A330 - https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...41719814625760
JWCurtin likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; May 16, 2024 at 10:30 am
Old May 16, 2024, 10:25 am
Original Poster

I did see that digging around on the website - think only one of them has J in the config. But a window seat should have a nice view of the waves and if the flight is twice as long at that altitude I will be sure to sample all the wines multiple times, have 7 hours of sleep and report back after we bump into the Cliffs of Moher
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 16, 2024, 2:48 pm

My experience here :

Privilege Style EC - NZJ operating for Aer Lingus review
Old May 16, 2024, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by aaronirsh
I did see that digging around on the website - think only one of them has J in the config. But a window seat should have a nice view of the waves and if the flight is twice as long at that altitude I will be sure to sample all the wines multiple times, have 7 hours of sleep and report back after we bump into the Cliffs of Moher
Hahaha! Hope the weather is good at that low altitude so you can see the waves!
Old May 20, 2024, 11:04 am

I'm flying BOS-DUB on the 23rd with an infant. I'm curious to hear how it went for you since it will likely be the same plane.

I've called Aer Lingus to confirm that we still have our bulkhead seats but we were told that the flight change isn't showing up on the booking so there is nothing they can do at this point. They told us that if the plane has the exact same layout as the EI plane, will be in the same seats.
Old May 20, 2024, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by dwisuu
I'm flying BOS-DUB on the 23rd with an infant. I'm curious to hear how it went for you since it will likely be the same plane.

I've called Aer Lingus to confirm that we still have our bulkhead seats but we were told that the flight change isn't showing up on the booking so there is nothing they can do at this point. They told us that if the plane has the exact same layout as the EI plane, will be in the same seats.
OP hasn't flown yet, but less than 24 hours to departure.
Old May 21, 2024, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Hi there - yes I am scheduled for this evening's flight to DUB. I'll post a review here although to be clear I'm lucky enough to be at the front of the plane. My interactions with Aer Lingus on the phone suggested they had they ability to see seats (they told me the business cabin was 2x2 for example). I can see my seat number on the new plane in the booking but not the configuration as you would with a normal Aer Lingus operated flight. I would imagine the layout is not identical but I would hope they would prioritise you with your infant and bulkhead requirement.
For me - the online checkin process worked (although it all struggled a little) but there was no opportunity to view or change seats. I can only recommend calling again and seeing if you get a different agent to be more helpful - failing that, get there early! Happy trails to you and the little one :-)
Old May 22, 2024, 4:28 am

Hi there - yes I am scheduled for this evening's flight to DUB. I'll post a review here although to be clear I'm lucky enough to be at the front of the plane. My interactions with Aer Lingus on the phone suggested they had they ability to see seats (they told me the business cabin was 2x2 for example). I can see my seat number on the new plane in the booking but not the configuration as you would with a normal Aer Lingus operated flight. I would imagine the layout is not identical but I would hope they would prioritise you with your infant and bulkhead requirement.
For me - the online checkin process worked (although it all struggled a little) but there was no opportunity to view or change seats. I can only recommend calling again and seeing if you get a different agent to be more helpful - failing that, get there early! Happy trails to you and the little one :-)
Hi, thanks for the info so far and looking forward to your review. Do you know which plane you will be going on? My booking is still showing up as 'Operated by Aer Lingus' and no added information. I've already called twice but apparently until it shows up on my booking there is nothing the call center can do.
On my second call to them I was told that people who had requested a bassinet seat will be prioritized to get one again if its available. If that is true remains to be seen.
Old May 22, 2024, 5:48 am

Looks like it was EC - NZJ
Old May 22, 2024, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Hi all - sorry for the delay - took me a while to get back to the wonderful town of Omagh and back to my childhood home :-)

The TLDR is: Privilege AIr was great.

We had a medical emergency on board - the passenger coded and was revived by staff/medics on board - we landed in Gander and deplaned a thankfully conscious passenger and partner. Two hours later back in the air and safely into DUB a bit late.
The crew were superb throughout that time and in general.

The plane is well appointed (J is 1:2:1 config and reminds me of old BA Club World circa 2004). Economy seats looked a little more roomy than Aer Lingus own planes. The service was all Aer Lingus with the exception of the uniforms, and employers, of the folks delivering it.

I'm sure there will be some seating kerfuffles so please try to get to BOS as early as you can.

But in the end the events on the flight last night remind us all of the primary purpose of a crew - our safety and wellbeing. In a bazillion miles of flying I've never been on a flight with a medical emergency. These folks were great and the Privilege version of the Aer Lingus TA experience was just fine.

As for the lounge change in Boston, that's a different topic in the lounges pinned thread.
cruser1, alserire, dwisuu and 3 others like this.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:51 pm

Hi all - sorry for the delay - took me a while to get back to the wonderful town of Omagh and back to my childhood home :-)

We had a medical emergency on board - the passenger coded and was revived by staff/medics on board - we landed in Gander and deplaned a thankfully conscious passenger and partner. Two hours later back in the air and safely into DUB a bit late.

The plane is well appointed (J is 1:2:1 config and reminds me of old BA Club World circa 2004). Economy seats looked a little more roomy than Aer Lingus own planes. The service was all Aer Lingus with the exception of the uniforms, and employers, of the folks delivering it.

I'm sure there will be some seating kerfuffles so please try to get to BOS as early as you can.

But in the end the events on the flight last night remind us all of the primary purpose of a crew - our safety and wellbeing. In a bazillion miles of flying I've never been on a flight with a medical emergency. These folks were great and the Privilege version of the Aer Lingus TA experience was just fine.

As for the lounge change in Boston, that's a different topic in the lounges pinned thread.
Thank you for the update. I saw had a look at the flight to check for delays and saw the diversion. I am glad to hear that the person could be revived!

Also glad to hear that you had an otherwise good experience. We've called Aer Lingus again to confirm the change of operator and got some wild answers ("the e-mail you got might be a scam", "tonight's flight is cancelled" (except it doesn't look like it is), etc.). Somehow this flight being operated by Privilege Style is messing with their system.

In any case, we'll do our best to get there early and hope for the best.
Old May 23, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Privilege Gold, Kenya Gold
Privilege Style

Looks like we were on the same flight. I was also pleasantly surprised with Privilege Style. A young Spanish crew who actually delivered Aer Lingus Service flow quite well. It must have been quite traumatic for them as it probably was their first medical emergency. I was impressed after leaving Gander that they still continued the dinner service. They must have been exhausted or was that dealing with the demands or Row 1?

​​​​​​For Info the seats are ex Virgin Australia, and were in relatively good condition. All in all it's probably a slightly better hard product than Aer Lingus, although the entertainment system wasn't great. No WiFi. I would say that privilege style delivers an almost similar soft product to Aer Lingus.

I was dreading it when I got the operator notification change, but it was fine. I wonder what happens on busier flights as Privilege Style config is less dense than Aer Lingus so some people must be downgraded, so check in online ASAP.

Also to note in Boston now Aer Lingus is using United Lounge in Terminal B, a good 15 minutes walk from the gate. It's a fine airy Lounge but quite busy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.