Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Jet Blue PNRs on EI thru tickets with new email confirmation format

Old Dec 29, 2023, 6:44 am
Original Poster

The new email confirmation format is very pretty :-) but for those flights that use a Jet Blue codeshare, the PNR is missing. In the past I've had some success using the Jet Blue PNR to get a seat assignment for myself. There is none, even on a business booking.
I've emailed Concierge asking if they can send the PNR (or even allocate a seat) so let's see.
But in the meantime does anyone have a hack? I know this is quite the edge case.....Thanks in advance.
Aaron
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Check on the EI website see if it reveals itself there

My recollection was seat selection on B6 was a bit hit and miss even with the PNR
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Check on the EI website see if it reveals itself there

My recollection was seat selection on B6 was a bit hit and miss even with the PNR
Thanks ROKNA - I did look there and on the "print receipt" but no dice.

I saw your post on an older thread (to do with B6 checkin). I've done this a few times when the PNR was on the old email ticket receipt and it worked 2/3 times. Trying to get any FF points on jet blue worked 0/3 times as expected. The times it did work i was able to associated the jet blue PNR with my jetblue FF number and select a seat and it persisted.

Anyway - I'll let folks know how I get on, so the solution or pitfalls are obvious for everyone to see if they need it. Like a few things with EI the idea that you don't get an assigned seat on a 3 hour connecting flight when paying J for the ticket is a bit of a pain.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Contacting B6 on Twitter seems to work for me (exit row...) Low tech. Once you have a seat assignment check in in person at the EI check in desk and ask for the connecting boarding card and despite what the agent may say, bingo it will appear

Thanks to EI flying to SEA/SFO I don't get the experience B6 anymore, sadly always enjoyed it
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:22 am
Original Poster

The concierge team returned the Jet Blue PNR pretty quickly. There were no general seating openings available so the Jet Blue Twitter team couldn't help but the online chat via the Jet Blue website helped me buy an Even More Legroom seat for $80, which is worth it for 3 hours....Thanks for the help ROKNA.
For folks without Concierge, I guess the solution is to call EI and get the agent to tell you the PNR for the Jet Blue leg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.