Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Status match from AerClub to other FPPs

Status match from AerClub to other FPPs

Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Note that you have to PAY to get the match
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
EI Silver gives Silver for 59€
EI Platinum gives Gold for 199€
EI Concierge gives Platinum for 399€

Status valid for 1 year!
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:48 am

The downside is you have to fly Skyteam
sven60035 and FlightDetective like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge, FB Plat
Originally Posted by DELLAS
The downside is you have to fly Skyteam
Giving the unrealistic prices EI charges on ORK-AMS at the moment, I might as well fly KLM in a 2-2 on a Cityhopper Embraer!

However, giving how the lower KLM prices do exclude Sky Priority Benefits (despite status) it might not worth the money after all.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by sven60035
Giving the unrealistic prices EI charges on ORK-AMS at the moment, I might as well fly KLM in a 2-2 on a Cityhopper Embraer!

However, giving how the lower KLM prices do exclude Sky Priority Benefits (despite status) it might not worth the money after all.
I was top tier with AF for a few years it was ok as a novelty but they had some stupid rules back then and no lounge access on UX domestics . Not sure if its changed. The best experiences I had was flying MEA and the BEY lounge . The rest were pretty much just ok. Nothing compared to Star Alliance which I have been Star Gold for many many years. The status match is not worth paying for personally. KLM is the only one Id probably fly sometimes in Europe. Im allergic to AF and CDG !
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:22 am

Programs: AerClub Conc
Has anyone attempted / been successful with matching AerClub status to Miles & Smiles (TK)?
Reading on travel blogs, TK seem to be quite forthcoming with their status match (BAEC Gold or FB Gold would be matched to M&S Elite, which equates to *Alliance Gold; would expect AerClub Concierge to be matched similarly). It is reported that upon your status match request clearing, you get M&S Elite (*G) for 4 months and all you need is one international flight to extend the status for a further 8 months. Additionally, upon reaching a reduced threshold of 15k status miles in the first year, you can extend for a further year.

Just curious if anyone has given it a go, personally think chances are slim, but if it does clear then that's a very generous route to *G at least for a year.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 5:58 am

Is the caveat that
"To take part in the challenge, you will need to hold at least SkyTeam Elite Plus, Oneworld Emerald or Star Alliance Gold status with another airline."

Hopefully AL is inching closer to oneworld but until that happens it doesn't look currently possible.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: AerClub Conc
Yes you're probably right. Officially, TK haven't come out and said what their policy is, but looking at statusmatcher all the successful matches are for OW/*A/SkyT partners.
Perhaps some food for thought would be possibly combining the TK status match with the FB paid match, i.e. for EUR400 you'd be looking at both SkyT Elite+ and *A G for a year potentially. (Caveat being that you'd want to get some flight activity in your FB before applying to TK, as it does appear to be taken into account by the latter).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.