Bid to Upgrade

Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by guy44134
From an article about the new CLE-DUB service: "Aer Lingus reportedly has applied to join the program, although a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration declined to confirm the application. (“We don’t disclose any information about airlines joining the PreCheck program until they are approved partners,” she said.)"
https://www.cleveland.com/travel/202...ould-work.html

I did miss having access to PreCheck, but it would not be a deal breaker for me.
Hi Guy - I am flying this same route on April 24 and looking for bidding advice - there are 9 open biz seats available, and I am flying with two others, but we are all on separate reservations. Did you wait for the bidding e-mail or bid earlier through your Manage Trips page? What did you bid? The minimum bid is $530 per person, per way right now.

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amira11
Hi Guy - I am flying this same route on April 24 and looking for bidding advice - there are 9 open biz seats available, and I am flying with two others, but we are all on separate reservations. Did you wait for the bidding e-mail or bid earlier through your Manage Trips page? What did you bid? The minimum bid is $530 per person, per way right now.

Thanks!
We bid through Manage Trips page about a week out. We paid $700 each which was around the lowest bid at that time. Good luck!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:51 pm

Checking back in here because I am traveling with two others, all on separate reservations. Despite booking the same flight, the same fare, and booking it on the same date albeit on separate reservations, only two of us were given bid to upgrade offers. The other did not get an e-mail and when trying to bid from the manage reservations page, it won't allow it. Aer Lingus claims upgrade offers are "random" - any way around this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.