Fast Track at Outstations

Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Fast Track at Outstations

I was turned away at fast track at Bordeaux even though my ticket had Platinum on it. Is this normal for EI passengers not to get fast track? The system just rejected me and the lady said there was nothing she could do. I always remember being rejected at LHR by the automated gates but then the staff would let me though. Is this an IT issue of fast track not being coded into the ticket (I assume Aer Lingus don't have the IT for this)? Even EasyJet pax were going through with their Flexi tickets.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
I was turned away at fast track at Bordeaux even though my ticket had Platinum on it. Is this normal for EI passengers not to get fast track? The system just rejected me and the lady said there was nothing she could do. I always remember being rejected at LHR by the automated gates but then the staff would let me though. Is this an IT issue of fast track not being coded into the ticket (I assume Aer Lingus don't have the IT for this)? Even EasyJet pax were going through with their Flexi tickets.

I got through in BHX during the summer but if memory serves I was waved though. Rejected at LIN last Tuesday by the gate. Short queue anyway so didn't bother asking. I never bother at LHR or LGW because I find security there to be very quick. I suspect FastTrack might only be available where they have Lounge agreements? Which admittedly makes no sense as they have one in LIN which I use a bit.

So the answer is I don't know!

But likely someone will
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
LHR/LGW/SFO/DUB all work for me

Is flying on AerSpace the local IT might let you through on the basis of it being flagged as J class
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:33 am

Programs: HH Gold, GHA Titanium, Iprefer Elite, EI Concierge
AMS will allow you through the priority lanes if you can show your EI Status card (silver and above) on your phone to the attendant.

AerSpace will not allow you priority lanes.

There is a large poster in front of most priority lanes that shows you what allows access.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:17 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Frankfurt - I find that if I show my Aer Lingus Aer Club card the staff don’t know what they are looking at and wave me through. Handy, as the queues at security can be a nightmare.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 1:27 pm

Quite a few of the Aer Lingus routes do not offer fast track . HAM and MRS another 2 .
Old Nov 8, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
MUC, BER, CDG also
Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I was turned away at fast track at Bordeaux even though my ticket had Platinum on it. Is this normal for EI passengers not to get fast track?
Yes.

The number of airports where Aer Lingus pays for Fast Track is small. If you're not at an airport which obviously offers it - say, Dublin or Heathrow, for example - you should probably assume that you WON'T have access, rather than that you will.

BOD strikes me as being a predominantly leisure destination, and therefore not at all an obvious spot where Aer Lingus would offer Fast Track.

There have been a few attempts at codifying the locations where Fast Track access is granted, this being the most recent I could find: Airport Fast Track Security

EDIT:

Google still remembers this text from the AerClub website, even though it has since been removed and the website no longer gives any indication of which airports have Fast Track
Attached Images  
FlightDetective likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 8, 2023 at 4:53 am
Old Nov 18, 2023, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
All very helpful. I find it so unusual they don’t have a consistent benefit across all airports like BA, IB etc. I’m guessing it’s more of an IT issue than anything else as they don’t have the ability to code fasttrack into the boarding pass. This will probably change with the new IT systems and (hopefully) OW membership in 2025.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:39 am

Programs: AerClub
Airports that I have found this year with/without.

LHR T2 With
LHR T5 With as I connected with BA (not sure they knew what they where looking at 8 flights this year worked ok)
FRA with
JFK with
AMS with
FCO with
BRU with
BER without (but there is a airport free system called BER runway book your time slot)
BCN without
MAD without
LIN without
FAO without
CDG with 70% of the time T1 I always just the fast track lane ticket doesn’t swipe tru but security have allowed access with a manual input.
ORD without J class ticket
MCO without J class
LAX without J class

These are flights flown over 2023 hope it helps

Last edited by Daragh; Nov 22, 2023 at 2:58 am
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
All very helpful. I find it so unusual they don’t have a consistent benefit across all airports like BA, IB etc. I’m guessing it’s more of an IT issue than anything else as they don’t have the ability to code fasttrack into the boarding pass. This will probably change with the new IT systems and (hopefully) OW membership in 2025.
Originally Posted by Daragh
From what I understand, officially it is Dublin, Shannon, London Heathrow, Belfast, Birmingham, Amsterdam, with EI Regional Dublin only as per the screenshot further back.

Anything else is just good luck. I think it would be handy, like the post above, for people to post where they've successfully used it so we can compile the secret list. Long as the airports don't see it and suddenly start stopping the access that we shouldn't have...
​​​​​​​
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Anything else is just good luck. I think it would be handy, like the post above, for people to post where they've successfully used it so we can compile the secret list. Long as the airports don't see it and suddenly start stopping the access that we shouldn't have...
​​​​​​​
In some cases, a determined demeanour and some sort of shiny card is all it takes to get a bored/disinterested staff member to grant access....or some kind of subjective assessment on their part that the passenger in question seems to know what they're doing and therefore has been through before, and/or that they look the part. (Conversely, a bored/disinterested staff member may also deny access where it should have been granted)

While anecdotal evidence is interesting, unless we see consistent reports from the same location I wouldn't draw too many conclusions about the odd and infrequent report from any particular outstation.
FlightDetective and DELLAS like this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 12:41 pm

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by Daragh

LHR T2 With
LHR T5 With as I connected with BA (not sure they knew what they where looking at 8 flights this year worked ok)
FRA with
JFK with
AMS with
FCO with
BRU with
BER without (but there is a airport free system called BER runway book your time slot)
BCN without
MAD without
LIN without
FAO without
CDG with 70% of the time T1 I always just the fast track lane ticket doesn’t swipe tru but security have allowed access with a manual input.
ORD without J class ticket
MCO without J class
LAX without J class

Im curious where the fast track lane is in FRA - which was a complete disaster the last time I went through with EI. All cables, electronics, liquids etc out of the bag and only 2 lanes open of a bout 6, on an absolute go-slow…
DELLAS likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: AerClub
I was granted Fast Track in MUC T1 today, which I really appreciated considering the staff shortage due to the weather last week…
alserire likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 4:58 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
Im curious where the fast track lane is in FRA - which was a complete disaster the last time I went through with EI. All cables, electronics, liquids etc out of the bag and only 2 lanes open of a bout 6, on an absolute go-slow…
The fast track is at the entrance to each security area….usually to the right beside the wall. You usually find the entrance is manned by someone wearing a red blazer. Last night for example I walked up and without even showing my card the guy said “priority” and I said yes. It was that simple. I’ve yet to meet a “jobsworth” type character. Just walk up like you did when you were 19 trying to get into a club on Leeson Street. If you are sheepish you are doomed.🤪
Pete_23567, DELLAS and alserire like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.