Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Finding Avios availability for SEA to DUB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hi,

I'm looking to fly my dog home from Vancouver in a single (business class, extra baggage too) flight.
I'm looking to use my Avios points to fly direct to Dublin, but can't for the life of me find any availability.

Aside from going day by day on Avios.com, is there another way to search?

Thanks!

Last edited by DanSta; Jan 5, 2023 at 8:11 pm
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If no availability is shown then its already sold
alserire likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by DanSta
Hi,

I'm looking to fly my dog home from Vancouver in a single (business class, extra baggage too) flight.
I'm looking to use my Avios points to fly direct to Dublin, but can't for the life of me find any availability.

Thanks!
They are notoriously stingy with partner award availability so you're best bet will be direct via avios. Just keep checking. If you are flexible on it needing to be direct that could help too, Calgary or Toronto may have availability
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by johnnyoc3
If you are flexible on it needing to be direct that could help too, Calgary or Toronto may have availability
I think the idea in travelling from Vancouver to Seattle to take a flight was such that only one single flight, with no transfers, would be needed (thereby minimizing the time the pet would be with the cargo handlers).

If the OP wasn't happy to fly a connecting itinerary from their location in Vancouver, I doubt they will want to travel to Calgary (no EI flights, though there is a (seasonal?) Westjet service to Dublin) or even to Toronto (that would be a long drive...) before stepping on a plane!
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:47 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by DanSta
Hi,

Thanks!
EI are fairly stingy with west coast biz awards.
Someone recently said there was better EI availability through BA Exec Club. No idea if its true or if its only certain routes, but probably worth checking in BA.com
Will still need to do day by day search on BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.