Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus passengers probably wont make it home for Christmas ( EI 106 )

Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Christmas chaos for air passengers after Aer Lingus flight from New York makes emergency landing

https://www.independent.ie/news/christmas-chaos-for-air-passengers-after-aer-lingus-flight-from-new-york-makes-emergency-landing-42242788.html

Tech issues happen but why are they so bad at IRROPS and lack of communication.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS

Tech issues happen but why are they so bad at IRROPS and lack of communication.
I presume because it will take them at least a few hours to rustle up enough volunteers to give up their Christmas to operate and crew the rescue flight to get everyone back home tomorrow.
alserire and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I presume because it will take them at least a few hours to rustle up enough volunteers to give up their Christmas to operate and crew the rescue flight to get everyone back home tomorrow.
Never mind that Dublin airport isnt actually open tomorrow so they probably need to negotiate something there as well.

These things happen. Unfortunately.
irishguy28, nancypants and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The problem is communication as per the article some are being told there is a rescue flight and others being told no .
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Sounds like a compressor stall

Dublin is closed 25th December, so any rescue aircraft would need to have departed Dublin at 6am to get to JFK in time to get back before midnight assuming there was a spare A330 or A321neo available and crewed. Weather situation in the US has led to chaos so sourcing an aircraft from the US side unlikely
irishguy28, becks1 and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Looks like Christmas at the airport....

Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Incredible camera footage of this flight:
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Textbook compressor stall

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.