Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Structure as of 1 October 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

The Tier Credit earning tables have been updated, showing a (slight) change in fare structure from 1 October next....

Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:52 am

What is the impact of these changes?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
AerSpace now has a 4th bucket 'D' which is discount business

The number of buckets at the lowest tier credit level is the same as now so not a devaluation

Most interesting is this, what do you earn if anything?** AerSpace Tier Credits are awarded on short haul flights purchased in I, J, D, & C Class only. They are not earned as part of a long haul Business fare where AerSpace is complimentary, original fare rules and Tier Credits apply in this instance.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Most interesting is this, what do you earn if anything?** AerSpace Tier Credits are awarded on short haul flights purchased in I, J, D, & C Class only. They are not earned as part of a long haul Business fare where AerSpace is complimentary, original fare rules and Tier Credits apply in this instance.
It would appear that, if you are seated in AerSpace on a connecting flight but the underlying ticket is in a "normal" Economy fare class (and I didn't know that was possible, but perhaps it only starts being possible on EI tickets for travel starting 01 OCT) that you just earn whatever that Economy Fare class should earn, despite your "complimentary" seating in AerSpace.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Its interesting they are making changes to the fare structure so far in advance. I wonder if something else is brewing with the Winter 23 timetable? Either entry to the oneowlrd JV from a customer point of view or membership of oneworld/oneworld connect, maybe?
irishguy28 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Are we seeing the end of the cheap AerSpace seat? As noted by someone else from 1st October they have gone a lot more expensive. Will they come down closer to the time I wonder?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by alserire
Are we seeing the end of the cheap AerSpace seat? As noted by someone else from 1st October they have gone a lot more expensive. Will they come down closer to the time I wonder?
At the moment AerSpace is quite often cheaper than Advantage or even Plus which objectively makes no sense. Unless you consider the narrower AerSpace seats a disadvantage.

The extra tier credits put me in Silver this year which I would never otherwise have hit.
irishguy28 and alserire like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Aerspace is coming from a separate inventory so there is no linkage between the pricing
alserire likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 11:38 am

Aerspace is coming from a separate inventory so there is no linkage between the pricing
So do you think maybe one seat per flight will continue to be priced so low?

Seems to me they’re not selling much even at that. I’ve been the only person in Row 1 a few times this year.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
So do you think maybe one seat per flight will continue to be priced so low?

Seems to me they’re not selling much even at that. I’ve been the only person in Row 1 a few times this year.
There's times I have been able to book two or three AerSpace tickets at the lowest/starting price.
Don't understand the logic of how it works, but I'm not complaining (other than no more AerSpace from BHD for cheap Tier Credits)
alserire likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 3:14 pm

Low, Plus, Advantage as all sourced from the same bucket and are basically "add ons" on the base fare so there is a fixed relationship, so you can have an advantage fare on a W/A/Z bucket

You will do pretty well on evening flights towards Dublin as there is no TATL business competing for the space.I've got a few at less than the plus fare so its a no brainer
alserire likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:25 am

Those will start to adjust back down in time its because its so far in advance .
alserire likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Low, Plus, Advantage as all sourced from the same bucket and are basically "add ons" on the base fare so there is a fixed relationship, so you can have an advantage fare on a W/A/Z bucket

You will do pretty well on evening flights towards Dublin as there is no TATL business competing for the space.I've got a few at less than the plus fare so its a no brainer
I understand where you're coming from with the inventory logic, but it still makes zero business sense for them to sell AerSpace cheaper than Advantage/Plus.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Those will start to adjust back down in time its because its so far in advance .
Thats what I figured and was hoping. Just wasn’t sure with this new structure.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:47 am

Its not uncommon to find premium economy on BA cheaper than regular
DELLAS and irishguy28 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.