DUB-CLE announced

Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:14 am
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
DUB-CLE announced

DUB-CLE announced 4x weekly from next May with A321. EI website already updated. Apparently a $2.5m incentive package swung the deal
Long flight on an uncomfortable plane IMO
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Can’t imagine any reason why I’d take that flight. Be interesting to see the load numbers.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
As a traveler based in Cleveland, this is exciting news. I don't see enough demand on a CLE-DUB route to maintain year round. Maybe seasonally. But the bigger win is having another option going to Europe, connecting through DUB. Aer Lingus tends to have very reasonable flight prices on transatlantic flights.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
To put this in perspective, there are approximately 25 million US residents for whom this new CLE-DUB flight will be the only LCC TATL flight option within a 3.5 hour drive of their home.

25 million people (with USA household incomes no less) is a large market. The Republic of Ireland in total has 5.1 million residents in comparison. This flight will market well in connecting a large audience of US residents to Europe, at a lower cost than what is charged by BA/DL/VS/KL/etc.
mccartje likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by kavok
To put this in perspective, there are approximately 25 million US residents for whom this new CLE-DUB flight will be the only LCC TATL flight option within a 3.5 hour drive of their home.

25 million people (with USA household incomes no less) is a large market. The Republic of Ireland in total has 5.1 million residents in comparison. This flight will market well in connecting a large audience of US residents to Europe, at a lower cost than what is charged by BA/DL/VS/KL/etc.
Interesting. Wasn't thinking of it from the other way around. Could do well for them so.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kavok

Despite all that, this route will struggle and will probably disappear, like BDL did, once the support is no longer forthcoming unless some local businesses keep an ongoing commitment to buy a certain number of seats going forward.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:36 am

And what quant luggage rules will apply uniquely to this route?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:19 am
soy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imkevinmc
And what quant luggage rules will apply uniquely to this route?
I would not expect any special rules. Will be the standard EI TATAL allowance. Y fares that include a checked bag get 1x23kg and J fares get 3x that
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 7:39 am

The route certainly won't survive if the onward connections via DUB are as limited as they appear to be now. I assume this has to do with aircraft availability and scheduling? No connections to southern Europe at all (Italy/Spain/Portugal) and few to Germany. I hope the schedules are tweaked between now and next May! Is EI still finalizing summer schedules?
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:13 am

Aer Lingus are indeed still finalising the European schedules for next year while the majority are already in place .
guy44134 and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by guy44134
The route certainly won't survive if the onward connections via DUB are as limited as they appear to be now. I assume this has to do with aircraft availability and scheduling? No connections to southern Europe at all (Italy/Spain/Portugal) and few to Germany. I hope the schedules are tweaked between now and next May! Is EI still finalizing summer schedules?
It'll survive for 3 years with the subsidies at a minimum.

There's basically no space for an earlier departure from DUB to enable the return flight to arrive in time for the first bank of outbound continental Europe flights. Pre-clearance in DUB from 9am-12pm is bursting at the seams as it is.

It'll be a very cheap way to get to/from London with 1 connection, which I imagine is crucial for loads on the US bound leg.
becks1 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Despite all that, this route will struggle and will probably disappear, like BDL did, once the support is no longer forthcoming unless some local businesses keep an ongoing commitment to buy a certain number of seats going forward.
BDL recommences March 2023
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:18 pm
soy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mailliW
Indeed, daily on A321 from March to October
Full details on BDL here.....https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/ne...rket-expansion
Old Oct 12, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by mailliW
Will Aer Lingus be benefitting from any subsidies or revenue guarantees on this route?
Old May 14, 2023, 4:48 pm

DUB-CLE-DUB starts on Friday 19 May. Anyone booked on the inaugural flights? Wonder how loads are?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.