Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Do you give up on missed tier credits?

Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum

I have a few segments (returns back to Dublin), 2 of which were in April during the supposed technical issue, where the tier credits still haven’t credited.

every so often I fill in the form but to date have heard nothing. I also opened a case around the time they announced the end of the SuperValu Avios scheme and still haven’t heard.

what’s annoying is these would make a difference if I was close to the next tier for example, and if I went past my anniversary date it’s not like they would agree to back date the next tier…

do you just give up on missed tier credits, even for personal travel? Do you find the claim form works? Just curious - does the concierge line help if you are concierge?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:31 pm

Funny you ask this as I had to chase my two missing credits from that time with emails. Also it seems to have struck again as my 2 Aer Lingus Regional flights have not credited on Advantage fares . So I filed a retro claim yesterday.

Eventually my two missing from April just popped up one day .

Email them with the details .
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
The one time I got to this point I wrote to the AerClub office, snail mail, with a copy to the CEO. Again credits were to tip me into silver for the next year. Credits showed within the week along with an apology letter. Going to to top can get things done!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:48 am

miles and tp missing for me, also, from june TATL

outbound credited, return just shows as "avios points awaiting processing" in the app
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Funny you ask this as I had to chase my two missing credits from that time with emails. Also it seems to have struck again as my 2 Aer Lingus Regional flights have not credited on Advantage fares . So I filed a retro claim yesterday.

Eventually my two missing from April just popped up one day .

Email them with the details .
yeah I’ve written another email but not very hopeful given they didn’t bother responding to the last one…

Originally Posted by alserire
The one time I got to this point I wrote to the AerClub office, snail mail, with a copy to the CEO. Again credits were to tip me into silver for the next year. Credits showed within the week along with an apology letter. Going to to top can get things done!
for sure - i just think it’s a bit farcical that the IT system can’t handle the automatic allocation of credits given it handles the issuing of tickets, I know their system is bad but cmon…

Originally Posted by dr benway
miles and tp missing for me, also, from june TATL

outbound credited, return just shows as "avios points awaiting processing" in the app
yeah I’m the same. I’m not so worried about the avios to be honest as I am the TP just from a status point of view. Would be curious to know if the concierge line have clout - not that I’ll ever get there considering I have to play TP roulette and have to chase to get them credited!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Only once had a problem where the outstation screwed up boarding and I wasn't 'onboard' Was even offerred a refund on the ticket.

Some advice here
1. You will only earn on revenue tickets sold by EI and operated by EI, so 053 ticket, and a flight number less than 3999.
2. Name on the booking and name on the account need to match
3. AerClub number provided at time of booking, providing it at check in at an outstation is not the best option
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Only once had a problem where the outstation screwed up boarding and I wasn't 'onboard' Was even offerred a refund on the ticket.

Some advice here
1. You will only earn on revenue tickets sold by EI and operated by EI, so 053 ticket, and a flight number less than 3999.
2. Name on the booking and name on the account need to match
3. AerClub number provided at time of booking, providing it at check in at an outstation is not the best option
yeah all of my tickets were booked with EI either directly or via the corporate system. Name and AerClub number are always recorded and as I say - it seems to be the return that is the problem in each case
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Flew to PSA on Wednesday. Back from MXP late last night. Credits have posted already! Surely that’s a record!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
Flew to PSA on Wednesday. Back from MXP late last night. Credits have posted already! Surely that’s a record!
for sure! But that’s what I can’t understand - unless there’s someone manually transcribing between two excel files 😂
alserire likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:10 am

just bumping this.

mine have now posted, just past the "20 working days" from the auto reply email from aerclub
Old Aug 9, 2022, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Yes, I sent another email on the 24th Jul and got a generic “to avoid disappointment please make sure your AerClub number is listed” and “we can only credit flights within the last 3 months” on the 04 Aug.

I sent back a pretty angry reply giving all the info again and why 3+ months is not really an acceptable “delay” for a reply. Low and behold all credits and Avios arrived yesterday…

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.