Wiki Posts
Search

US Preclearance Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aer lingus
US Preclearance Fast Track

Heading to SFO in early Sept & with all the Dublin airport shenanigans I was wondering if there is a US Preclearance fast track for business passengers? Apologies if this was answered elsewhere?
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
DUB preclearance is always pretty quick anyway - but I don't think so. Just for Global Entry pax.
Luke K likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's not fast, I was there last Monday. Probably took about an hour in total to clear security and immigration - grand total of 3 out of about 8 lanes open.

Business pasengers can Fast Track through security but you can't Fast Track the queue which holds you at the upper level before going down to security, and it doesn't help you at immigration at all.

I had a 3 hour layover last Monday between my LHR-DUB and my connecting Newark flight and I still only got 20 mins in the preclearance lounge.

What went wrong was that they had started pulling people out of the queue who were missing their flights. However, there were more of these people than available agents, so the rest of us were actually getting continually pushed up the queue rather than down it. You could suddenly find you were further from the front than you were 10 minutes previously.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
As a business class passenger at Dublin

Fast track at the main security (if its open, limited hours currently)
Fast track at the TSA screening area
Then its US vs non US through CBP. Only Global Entry will help get through that faster

My record from entering the terminal, check in, security, TSA, CBP to the 51st lounge 18 minutes and I wasn't in business, nor do I have GE

Last edited by ROKNA; Jul 18, 2022 at 2:11 am
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
It's not fast, I was there last Monday. Probably took about an hour in total to clear security and immigration - grand total of 3 out of about 8 lanes open.

Business pasengers can Fast Track through security but you can't Fast Track the queue which holds you at the upper level before going down to security, and it doesn't help you at immigration at all.

I had a 3 hour layover last Monday between my LHR-DUB and my connecting Newark flight and I still only got 20 mins in the preclearance lounge.

What went wrong was that they had started pulling people out of the queue who were missing their flights. However, there were more of these people than available agents, so the rest of us were actually getting continually pushed up the queue rather than down it. You could suddenly find you were further from the front than you were 10 minutes previously.
What do you mean 'upper level'? The FastTrack lane is on the left in T2, and takes you straight through to the security scanners. Are you saying there was a queue to even get to the security area?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
What do you mean 'upper level'? The FastTrack lane is on the left in T2, and takes you straight through to the security scanners. Are you saying there was a queue to even get to the security area?
presume they are referring to the stairs down to CBP in CBP with the overflow coming up them - I have seen elsewhere the queue snaked back past the Aer Lingus lounge on at least one occasion.

I used the CBP recently on business class, all good till I got the Immigration officers queue, 3 desks open and took an hour and, I was fairly near to the head of the queue, I can see how this could take a while!
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by highflyer66
presume they are referring to the stairs down to CBP in CBP with the overflow coming up them - I have seen elsewhere the queue snaked back past the Aer Lingus lounge on at least one occasion.

I used the CBP recently on business class, all good till I got the Immigration officers queue, 3 desks open and took an hour and, I was fairly near to the head of the queue, I can see how this could take a while!
Oh wow, interesting. I've down out of DUB more times than I can count, and I've never once seen a queue snaking up the stairs. I'll admit when it says "Go to Preclearance" I never go; I usually just get there early and scoot down and relax in 51&Green
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The queue must be daily because the airport has a tensabarrier system in place - I’d say I started around 200 metres of tensa-snake away from the stairs to security.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Raffles
The queue must be daily because the airport has a tensabarrier system in place - I’d say I started around 200 metres of tensa-snake away from the stairs to security.
How many more Aer Lingus flights/passengers are there to the US from DUB on any given peak day this summer than in the summer of 2019?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Fewer actually as Hartford and Miami are not running currently

Some of the US carriers are operating bigger aircraft than before
Old May 11, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
today i was flying dublin-london but my parents were flying dublin-dfw on AA and i had searched this forum for advice on how things were at DUB so I wanted to update how it was today for them.

they were on the 255pm departure from DFW (i was 2hrs later on BA from other terminal so walked w them to check in) and we were the ONLY people at check in at 1245pm. easy. the agent said there was pre-check available (which they have along with global entry).

so up to level 2 for security and i left them at fast trak (biz tix, exp). by the time i walked to the other terminal and went thru security my parents had cleared both security and CBP. they said there was indeed a pre check line for the TSA portion but for the 255pm departure, there were no lines anywhere--either security or CBP. the lounge near gate was quiet.

just FYI, and thanks for others for sharing recent experiences.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:24 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
I am due to try DUB shortly to the US, connecting from a UK airport.

It looks like you can buy fast track security on the airport website. Is that just for someone departing from DUB, or does it cover the TSA part of security when connecting to a US flight?

Although discussed upthread, there seems some disagreement as to whether the TSA part at DUB recognises pre-check. Do they? I have a two hour layover, wondered if that will require any need to rush. I have GE.

Thank you.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:43 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by rpjepson
I am due to try DUB shortly to the US, connecting from a UK airport.

It looks like you can buy fast track security on the airport website. Is that just for someone departing from DUB, or does it cover the TSA part of security when connecting to a US flight?

Although discussed upthread, there seems some disagreement as to whether the TSA part at DUB recognises pre-check. Do they? I have a two hour layover, wondered if that will require any need to rush. I have GE.

Thank you.
Airport FastTrack is for DUB departures only. As you are connecting you won't pass through DUB security. As noted above J class have their own line for US security. If Y class you'll be in line with everyone else. GE should speed things up a little after US security check but won't help skip queues after that.

No need to get DUB Fast Track. Two hours should be plenty of time once your inbound is on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.