Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Why was paid exit row seat given away?

Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to figure out how something like this happens - computer glitch or what? We paid for 3 exit row seats on a recent transcontinental 8-hour flight. We booked these seats about 10 months in advance of our trip date, got the confirmation showing our seat selection, and thought everything was fine. When it came to getting our boarding passes, we got 2 boarding passes for the exit row seats and 1 for a regular seat. When we asked the gate agent about it, she told us to take it up with the airline. The man in what was our former exit row seat said that his wife bought his ticket 7 months prior to the flight. I understand that a paid exit row seat can be given away if an air marshall needs it (and I am fine with that possibility) but this man was not an air marshall, but a regular flyer. (yes, I requested a refund for the cost of the exit row seat, I am just trying to understand how this happens).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.