Wiki Posts
Search

DUB T2 Checkin/Security

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, WN A-List
DUB T2 Checkin/Security

Flying TATL out of DUB next weekend in Biz on EI, so T2.
Does anyone have recent experience, given all the horror stories?
I am assuming there is a fast track lane for security? There was not at LAX outbound.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
T2 Fast Track closes at 10 a.m. Friday to Sunday so will be of no use to you. The horror stories? That was for maybe a few days last month. Now things are very busy, more so than pre- pandemic but lines are
moving. Don’t mind the National broadcaster trying to whip up fear. They spent all day in the airport yesterday trying to find majorly delayed travellers and they couldn’t. If you’re there about midday you’ll be perfectly fine. There’s business check in for luggage which will help.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
If the Fast Track is closed you can identify yourself to the DAA staff and they bring you to the top of the queue ( by going slightly left ) - has worked for me several times so far when the Fast track was closed.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, WN A-List
Thanks!

East trip through DUB today. Would have been more painful in Y though. Overall T2 was busy but nothing at all crazy. In case this helps anyone else :

Biz checkin is in its own area to the left of the main desks. It was not obvious in the crowd around lunchtime - near zero wait. Fasttrack was closed but the fastrack lane takes you to the head of the regular line.
Ignored the notice not to go through preclearance early as the terminal was crowded - no one seemed to care. There is a separate biz line for TSA and this was very fast. The immigration lines were long but moving fast (GE to the right and no line)
The post preclearance lounge very well run and nice views. Food not bad and excellent staff.

Flight pushed 30-45 min late due to ground staff and catering, which seems to be the norm but a *very* short taxi.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Has anyone been through T2 recently for the first wave of flights, I'm on the 06:30 to Manchester tomorrow and wondered what business check-in / fast track is like these days?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Has anyone been through T2 recently for the first wave of flights, I'm on the 06:30 to Manchester tomorrow and wondered what business check-in / fast track is like these days?
By business check in you mean bag drop?

I was on 5.55 to ATH a few weeks back. Fast track doesn’t open will 5 so I joined normal queue at 4 and was through by 4.35. No bag drop. That was a Saturday too so it was very busy. If you’ve a bag to check in probably need to be there 4.30 at the latest. Some reports of J bag drop taking up to half an hour
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
30 minutes on Sat July 2, joined at 0435 was through by 0505. Queue moved quickly throughout.

Business check in is still open, get into the terminal and go left of the queue and then left again. The 'long' queue is for in person check in, the short one for bag drop

The business check in area has dedicated self service bag drop machines to speed the process
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:16 am

Hi, thanks for the reply, yeah I meant the Aer Club check-in desks to drop my bag off, I'm checked in already.

Was hoping to cut it fine like the old days and get there an 1hr before
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Hi, thanks for the reply, yeah I meant the Aer Club check-in desks to drop my bag off, I'm checked in already.

Was hoping to cut it fine like the old days and get there an 1hr before
Dont think I would cut it that fine at the moment its risky even if theoretically doable .
alserire likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:00 pm

6.05 a.m. flight on Wednesday. Carry on only. Planning to arrive between 4 and 4.15. Has anyone been refused skipping the line after they make status known? Fast track not open till 5
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:23 pm

I arrived at 05:00 in the end, no queue at check-in, was through security in 5mins and in lounge by 05:15. Normal security queue said 25mins at that time.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:48 pm

35 mins from joining queue to the lounge starting at 4 a.m. Carry on only but bag drop didn’t look bad at all. Didn’t bother trying to skip the line. Pretty good. Only half the gates in use. Not terribly busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.