FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Avios Aerspace (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/2074124-avios-aerspace.html)

tangey Apr 1, 2022 5:04 am

Avios Aerspace

Can europe aerspace fares be booked using avios ?

ferg01 Apr 1, 2022 6:38 am

I don’t think they can be booked via the Avios portal but you can use Avios as part payment when booking a cash fare through the EI app or website.

DELLAS Apr 1, 2022 7:23 am

Originally Posted by tangey (Post 34126305)
Can europe aerspace fares be booked using avios ?

No but would be great if you could but probably too technical for the booking systems.

ROKNA Apr 1, 2022 9:38 am

Aerspace is only possible on a 053 ticket, avios are sold on 125 stock.

The plus, advantage, aer space are all virtual products layered on top of the legacy ticketing system

Dollar Bill Apr 3, 2022 4:19 am

Is there a floor price on Aerspace flights to European destinations? Understandably this will vary with destination etc, but what is the cheapest people have seen on a cash price?

FlightDetective Apr 3, 2022 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill (Post 34132053)
Is there a floor price on Aerspace flights to European destinations? Understandably this will vary with destination etc, but what is the cheapest people have seen on a cash price?

I've seen something like €150 to Dublin to London Heathrow as the lowest.

It was pretty close to the Advantage Fare, there might have been €10 or €20 in it.

daftboy Jun 14, 2022 3:04 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective (Post 34132101)
I've seen something like €150 to Dublin to London Heathrow as the lowest.

It was pretty close to the Advantage Fare, there might have been €10 or €20 in it.

At the moment (booking in June for travel in November), the AerSpace fares are actually cheaper than Plus and Advantage on many DUB-LHR flights - AerSpace is €95, while Plus is €103 and Advantage is €136

Some quirk of revenue management no doubt, but given we will definitely have checked luggage (we are self-connecting to a trip to Asia) it is quite a good deal.

FlightDetective Jun 14, 2022 3:05 am

Originally Posted by daftboy (Post 34334304)
At the moment (booking in June for travel in November), the AerSpace fares are actually cheaper than Plus and Advantage on many DUB-LHR flights - AerSpace is €95, while Plus is €103 and Advantage is €136

Some quirk of revenue management no doubt, but given we will definitely have checked luggage (we are self-connecting to a trip to Asia) it is quite a good deal.

It is indeed, I have a flight booked for August in AerSpace as it was a case of why not at that price... plus it's an A321neo so the lie flat seats are in play, which makes it all the more worthwhile if you can choose a flight operated by that aircraft.

alserire Jun 14, 2022 5:03 am

Some very good value on all AerSpace routes. I’ll hit platinum this year because! Delighted!

ROKNA Jun 14, 2022 9:09 am

Aer Space is in a separate allocation bucket so you can get interesting value.

Everything else comes from a common pool

sdevine89 Jun 14, 2022 10:12 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 34334449)
Some very good value on all AerSpace routes. I’ll hit platinum this year because! Delighted!

Same as myself, remarkable how often there is value in and out of LHR on Aerspace.

DELLAS Jun 14, 2022 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 34334449)

Just hit Platinum and my future Aerspace bookings if all goes well takes me to Concierge. Never thought I would do that this year . Those fares to LHR on the A330/32Q are a delight .

AHC96 Jun 18, 2022 1:08 pm

What are the benefits of AerSpace when flying out of LHR? Apart from lounge access. Fares are quite low on BHD flights, so taking advantage of them a few times.

Dollar Bill Jun 19, 2022 6:14 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 34336429)
Just hit Platinum and my future Aerspace bookings if all goes well takes me to Concierge. Never thought I would do that this year . Those fares to LHR on the A330/32Q are a delight .

Does anyone know the flight numbers that the Neo or A330 are on out of LHR? Is there route maps.

alserire Jun 19, 2022 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill (Post 34349148)
Does anyone know the flight numbers that the Neo or A330 are on out of LHR? Is there route maps.

7.30 a.m. from DUB is anyway and the return, 9.45 from LHR. Not sure the 330 is still running with all the US routes back.