Wiki Posts
Search

App issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

App issues

Evening
Aer lingus app currently not recognising my ei frequent flyer number.

When attempting to check in on app I receive a message advising invalid frequent flyer number

Ive reinstalled the app which doesn't help. Check in staff at Heathrow confirmed correct number on the app

Ei twitter team were not particularly helpful

Anyone else had this issue recently
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Originally Posted by mailliW
Evening
Aer lingus app currently not recognising my ei frequent flyer number.

When attempting to check in on app I receive a message advising invalid frequent flyer number

Ive reinstalled the app which doesn't help. Check in staff at Heathrow confirmed correct number on the app

Ei twitter team were not particularly helpful

Anyone else had this issue recently
Yes. I get the same error when trying to book via the app currently. Also encountered same error during OLCI last week. Removed FFN and app allowed me to complete OLCI. Strangely FFN was visible on my boarding pass albeit points as yet haven't posted!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Tried to sign up to Aerclub today and it just failed, both in the app and on the website. Maybe they have deeper issues than just the app...
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:59 am

Are EI still maintaining their own IT or have they transitioned to IAG GBS? Obviously substantial, prolonged issues at BA, including app which seem to have their genesis in the transition to GBS and loss of local expertise. Perhaps a red herring but would be interesting to know, as the legacy IT stack at EI has always been used as the core reason for remaining outside One World.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
IT appears to be EI still. ASTRAL is still plugging away

ASTRAL worked fine within OW, it was when more airlines joined OW major investment was required to make ASTRAL talk to them, EI opted to leave due this and other reasons.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC
It's not been an entirely happy first experience I have to say. So as per my post above, when trying to sign up to AerClub this AM, it kept failing both in App or website, complaining about my address first then simply saying registration could not be completed. Never got any confirmation or verification email. In the end I tried again with my professional email and it worked. When I tried to change my email back to my personal one, it said the email was already in use. So I logged as if my first registration attempt (with personal email) had worked and I was able to log in. So I now have 2 accounts...
And when I log into the AerClub app with the credentials used above, it still asks me to sign up for AerClub.. 🤷🏻‍♂️👎🏻
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Avios, Virgin Atlantic Flyers Club
Partner and I are relocating to Ireland from UK next month, so I've been trying to create an Aerclub account to dump a load of Avios we've picked up on Nectar over the years. I managed (with lots of persistence and difficulty!) to create an account, but every time I try to login I get:

Sorry, we couldn't find this page

The link may have been typed incorrectly or the page is no longer available.

It's really frustrating and not a good user experience at all. I tried raising an issue via their livechat but got fobbed off to an FAQ section. I work in IT so I'm not technically illiterate and did all the usual checks (clear cache, different browser, different machine yadda yadda yadda). I'm not interested in the app as I want proper desktop access. Seems to me like there's a wider issue and EI either are struggling to fix it and are unwilling to admit there's an issue, waiting on contractors, or for some reason just don't seem to think it's a priority issue.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:00 am

It's low level bad. The app is appalling, the website is appalling. Digitally, EI are at best 4 out of 10 as far as I'm concerned (compared to, say, the United app). Tried to change a transatlantic flight just now using the app (or on the desktop site): it works, but won't let me choose seats. "As this is a new flight we can't guarantee the same seats will be available, but you can easily pick up new seats at check in." Oh great! That's exactly what happened with my last flight two months ago. And guess what? When I got to the airport, all the decent seats were gone, as I assumed they would be. So, I paid to choose seats in advance, yet I can't choose seats in advance. But don't worry, you can "easily pick up new seats at check in"! What a joke.

If United ever start SFO-DUB non-stop, it will be the last Aer Lingus ever see of me. And it makes me sad to say that as an Irish person.
BlueCrystal likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

With a multi city booking it is not possible to check in or even view trip details via the app. Does anyone know the reason for this?
Old May 11, 2022, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by mailliW
With a multi city booking it is not possible to check in or even view trip details via the app. Does anyone know the reason for this?
No you cant the platform cant handle it. You have to do everything on the website . I access it on my phone if travelling .
jokerjokerj likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Little trick here

If on a multi city booking, check in via website and once you have done that, go to the app and add the boarding card that way (it might or might not work)

Alternatively, install the app 'App In The Air' and it will generate a boarding card from the barcode in the pdf file which works just fine....
Old May 11, 2022, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Little trick here

If on a multi city booking, check in via website and once you have done that, go to the app and add the boarding card that way (it might or might not work)

Alternatively, install the app 'App In The Air' and it will generate a boarding card from the barcode in the pdf file which works just fine....
thank you for response. I did the online check in but could not add pass to the app.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:45 am

Just download the pdf to the phone and show that, the bar code is all they are interested in anyway.

As the website can handle it, why the app cannot remains one of the great mysteries.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
App seems to be down all day? Anyone know anything?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
App seems to be down all day? Anyone know anything?
check if an update is available my app updated earlier
DELLAS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.