Search

Lhr-dub-mco MCT & Preclearance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Lhr-dub-mco MCT & Preclearance

Hi,

A friend has booked the above route for later in the year BA ticket, Aer Lingus operated both legs. Economy flyer without status One ticket. MCT at Dublin appears to be 75 minutes, and her ticket gives her 80 minutes. Is this in practice doable to get through pre-clearance and onto the plane in that time?

thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Hi,

A friend has booked the above route for later in the year BA ticket, Aer Lingus operated both legs. Economy flyer without status One ticket. MCT at Dublin appears to be 75 minutes, and her ticket gives her 80 minutes. Is this in practice doable to get through pre-clearance and onto the plane in that time?

thanks!

Be tight enough. Would need the LHR/DUB to be on time. If she gets to pre-clearance they usually rush through boarding flights but there would be no guarantee. Certainly any delay inbound to DUB and it'll be touch and go. If she's on time it should be grand
LimitingFactor likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:38 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Tight but completely valid.

EI was/is the most punctual airline at LHR (if your flight is going to be late, historically you would be put on an earlier flight if possible by check in)
EI scheduling tries to assign the 'best' gates in Dublin for LHR flights so shortest walk

My last pre covid trip, from front door of terminal, check in, security, USCBP, 51st lounge, 16 minutes, my feet barely stopped.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Do you have re-claim checked luggage to go through customs in DUB as a part of US per-clearance?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
All checked luggage is checked to destination

You will be shown a photograph of your bag by the agent and asked to confirm that it is yours
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Totally do-able if the inbound is on time.
Did this just recently when a colleague was flying LHR-DUB-JFK (with 2.5 hours layover in DUB) and i was meeting her in DUB to travel onwards together. I had expected it to take her about 1 hour to make the connection so timed my arrival as such. Turns out she was through in less than 25 mins and well onto her 3rd G&T in the lovely 51st & Green lounge before i arrived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.