Search

Heathrow T2 - arrivals route

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Heathrow T2 - arrivals route

Had an unexpected experience arriving at LHR T2 yesterday

We parked at a remote stand unexpectedly (we were on an A330, our planned stand was still occupied on arrival and then we had an additional delay as paramedics had to meet our plane to attend to a passenger onboard) so I initially thought that the transfer bus had simply mistakenly brought us to the wrong entrance point, but then once through passport control the display screens showed quite a few EI arrivals with baggage arriving in the international hall (Dublin, Cork, Shannon) so it wasn’t a once-off, at least yesterday.

Is that standard practice at Heathrow T2? I can’t recall the last time I’ve done this arrival route as I’m normally on BA arriving in T5, where the CTA channel bypasses passport control. It struck me that it’s quite possible that passengers won’t have a passport as it is not required for CTA travel (I realise people need to be able to prove their identity, and I typically have my passport when travelling)

Overall was a very good flight all being said, it was nice to be on an A330, and the crew handled the unexpected medical emergency really well
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Normally you are routed through a dedicated corridor which skips passport control, then belts 1&2 and you come out at the end of the arrivals floor not the middle

Brexit is probably at play here as we are no longer in a customs union so you need to pass through red/green
Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:20 am

Arrived into t2 yesterday from Shannon. Parked up at gate a20 or a21 though we did park up for a while waiting for an available gate
disembarked as normal without checks though wonder will that change from tomorrow with reintroduction of covid travel rules in the England
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by mailliW
Arrived into t2 yesterday from Shannon. Parked up at gate a20 or a21 though we did park up for a while waiting for an available gate
disembarked as normal without checks though wonder will that change from tomorrow with reintroduction of covid travel rules in the England
It won't. Passengers from Ireland will not require a PCR test due to the common travel area. Which only the British seem to want to observe
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by alserire
It won't. Passengers from Ireland will not require a PCR test due to the common travel area. Which only the British seem to want to observe
There were checks in place earlier in this year. You would be met at the gate by border force on arrival at heathrow checking origin of journey and having a flick through your passport if you had it with you.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by mailliW
There were checks in place earlier in this year. You would be met at the gate by border force on arrival at heathrow checking origin of journey and having a flick through your passport if you had it with you.
I was never checked. Always went the same as normal, both Heathrow and Gatwick. Strange
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Those checks are not uncommon even in the days past.

Bear in mind they have the passenger list so are probably looking for someone and are trying to find them without making a fuss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.