Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Avios through Aer Lingus?

Old Sep 8, 21, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone point me to how to search for award space on EI using EI's award chart for Avios? I see space when searching United, and I have an Aer Lingus account (empty), an Avios.com account, and access to Avios from credit cards (for any of EI/BA/IB), but when I try to access reward bookings through AerLingus.com and Avios.com, it either loops back around or sends me to an ancient text search form, which then loops back around when submitted.

I had thought maybe this was related to the AerClub site outage recently, but it's back now and I still can't search for EI awards. (And searching BA doesn't find EI space as far as I can tell.)
Old Sep 9, 21, 4:40 am

You need to use avios.com (which you can access with your aer lingus account credentials). You can search flights (rather awkwardly if looking for broad availability on a range of routes/dates) there. You are correct in saying you will not find EI options via a BA search. I tried avios.com quickly just now and worked for me on a search.
BernardBlack likes this.
Old Sep 9, 21, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

How did you get the search to work at Avios.com? Did you get this?

This is the closest I can ever get it to actually searching for award space, and even if I use this form and submit, it just goes back to the account landing page.
Old Sep 10, 21, 1:21 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Works fine for me...

Old Sep 10, 21, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by BernardBlack
How did you get the search to work at Avios.com? Did you get this?

This is the closest I can ever get it to actually searching for award space, and even if I use this form and submit, it just goes back to the account landing page.
As @ROKNA points out this is the typical search screen. I have no idea what basic search element you seem to be getting through to is, I've never encountered that. Dare I suggest it's a browser issue, maybe try another browser or an update of your current one?
Old Sep 10, 21, 3:59 am
Original Poster

It happens on three different browsers. The Avios.com webchat is online now so I'm talking with them.

Thanks, all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.