Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

USA Covid Rules- UK spouse exemption

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

My wife is a US citizen with UK permanent residence. She is currently in US for urgent family reasons for approx three months. I am a UK citizen. I plan to join her there in September for two weeks using my 'spouse exemption'. What evidence of exemption would I have to show Aer Lingus on a GLA-DUB-ORD itinerary?

Your help appreciated
Old Jul 16, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Call your nearest US consulate/embassy

Aer Lingus don't care, unless you pre clear this with the US authorities you will get stopped at check in as your ESTA will be invalid and if that is cleared you will spend a long time in the secondary holding room at Dublin while they process you and then refuse.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Turns out it's as simple as calling CBP pre-clearance at DUB on their published number. They specify the supporting evidence required.

Enquiries to embassy/consulate simply direct you to the CBP website.

Thanks anyway
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by farci
Turns out it's as simple as calling CBP pre-clearance at DUB on their published number. They specify the supporting evidence required.

Enquiries to embassy/consulate simply direct you to the CBP website.

Thanks anyway
Hello, I am in a similar situation, flying with Aer Lingus through DUB to ORD, except I'm French, living in France, and leaving from Paris (CDG). My spouse (US), living with me, will be travelling with me too for this 2 weeks trip.

I also just got my ESTA cancelled ('expired' is now written whereas it was still valid for a long time when I checked even just yesterday).

By perusing the forum I found that this seems to happen to a good number a people, I found the post that is shared often (can't post links yet) that says what to do: do not try to renew the ESTA, and go talk to the agent at the airport the day of the flight, that should call the CBP, who should then validate my travel.

I was wondering if:
1) this was still the procedure?
2) if calling the CBP at Dublin like mentioned here would help in any case with the ESTA problem at this point (I already know and have the documentation ready to show I'm the spouse of a US citizen)?
3) if I would have to deal with this at CDG already?

farci do you mind sharing exactly what they said?
Also ROKNA I was wondering from where you had the information you shared (= have to get pre-cleared otherwise get denied boarding) since it does not seem to match what others are saying? Did you experience it first hand?
I'm just trying to be as prepared as possible.

Thank you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.