Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Aer Lingus axes majority of European network for May and June

Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Aer Lingus delays start of Manchester-US services

Flights to and from both New York and Orlando were due to begin on September 30.

But the New York service will not now begin until December 1 and the Orlando service until December 11.

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021...r-us-services/
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Why is YYZ being cancelled, Canada is letting people in from next month
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mordac
Why is YYZ being cancelled, Canada is letting people in from next month
To be honest the demand is not there and Air Canada are already going to cover the route. Irish aviation demand will take a few years to recover so its not business as usual.
Mordac likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:19 am
Original Poster

The next round of European network cancellations for Winter are starting to come through up until 7/11.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
The next round of European network cancellations for Winter are starting to come through up until 7/11.
Where do you find updates about the cancellations (apart from your valuable contributions of course)?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:33 am
Original Poster

A good friend gives me the heads up without breaking any rules and then I get the press release which has been issued :

MM00LL2 and mccartje like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Have three flights in October. Booked them with other airlines as I didn't trust EI not to cancel.

I was right. All three cancelled.

At some point they'll have to run a half decent schedule or they'll lose people like me forever.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
Have three flights in October. Booked them with other airlines as I didn't trust EI not to cancel.

I was right. All three cancelled.

At some point they'll have to run a half decent schedule or they'll lose people like me forever.
Id say by March they will be back to a new normal ready for the Summer timetable. This Winter is looking a mixed bag .
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Can anyone verify if flight 582 Dub-AGP is currently active? Specifically on 9/30? According to the timetable the last day is 9.29, but in conversations with United and Aer Lingus I keep getting conflicting information and its two weeks out. They've screwed up and have me on that flight and my daughter on the later flight. I can't seem to get a straight answer except things are changing and to check back tomorrow.

Last edited by s0479; Sep 15, 2021 at 1:32 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by s0479
Can anyone verify if flight 582 Dub-AGP is currently active? Specifically on 9/30? According to the timetable the last day is 9.29, but in conversations with United and Aer Lingus I keep getting conflicting information and its two weeks out. They've screwed up and have me on that flight and my daughter on the later flight. I can't seem to get a straight answer except things are changing and to check back tomorrow.
Were you one of the cancelled in error bookings ? A whole load of customers DUB - AGP got cancellations in error then got an email similar to this :

"Aer Lingus would like to notify you of the following.

We recently sent you an email advising a change to your schedule from Dublin to Malaga.

Please be advised that this email was sent in error and your flights are operating as originally scheduled.

We continue to work on reissuing your ticket and your original booking confirmation will be with you shortly .

Apologise for any convenience caused."
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Neither my daughter or I got an email....I booked rewards thru United and she booked directly with Aer Lingus. I hope it is flying as I won't have a 10 hour layover in Dublin!
When did the emails go out?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:19 am
Original Poster

30/9 EI 582 and EI 586 are showing closed for sale .
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:58 am
Original Poster

A few more cancellations :

Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Surely they’ll reverse at least some west coast cancellations with today’s announcement?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.