Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Government won't allow Aer Lingus to fail - Varadkar

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

The Government is engaged in confidential talks with Aer Lingus about providing further financial supports for the airline.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar told the Dáil today that the State is already providing a lot of financial support through Ireland's Strategic Investment Fund and through the temporary wage subsidy scheme.

"We will provide more to enable us to retain essential connectivity like for example Heathrow, like for example the US and those key hubs in Europe and also for cargo," he told the Dáil.

"But the sad truth now is that it could be a very long time before we see aviation recover. I know some people are saying we may have passed peak aviation. I'm not saying that but some people are saying that," Leo Varadkar said.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...on-aer-lingus/
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 4:43 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by DELLAS
The Government is engaged in confidential talks with Aer Lingus about providing further financial supports for the airline.

Tánaiste Leo Varadkar told the Dáil today that the State is already providing a lot of financial support through Ireland's Strategic Investment Fund and through the temporary wage subsidy scheme.

"We will provide more to enable us to retain essential connectivity like for example Heathrow, like for example the US and those key hubs in Europe and also for cargo," he told the Dáil.

"But the sad truth now is that it could be a very long time before we see aviation recover. I know some people are saying we may have passed peak aviation. I'm not saying that but some people are saying that," Leo Varadkar said.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/202...on-aer-lingus/
With the raft of aer lingus irish cancellations, whilst opening up direct routes out of Man, perhaps it should be Boris that is making statements about guaranteeing EIs survival.
DELLAS likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tangey
With the raft of aer lingus irish cancellations, whilst opening up direct routes out of Man, perhaps it should be Boris that is making statements about guaranteeing EIs survival.
Lol maybe . A few days ago they axed a whole load of Regional / EU / USA from DUB SNN ORK so still a long way from resuming normality from the home bases . Some were axed right up until October !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.