Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus reintroduces select flights from 1st July

Aer Lingus reintroduces select flights from 1st July

Old Jun 23, 20, 7:51 am

No Requirements for two week quarantine expected from 1 July
Old Jun 24, 20, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Looks like it may be lifted in a few weeks
Old Jun 24, 20, 8:24 am

Hoping lhr-snn will get back on the schedule before Sept
Old Jun 25, 20, 3:03 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
July 20th onward 3-5 flights a week
Dublin to
Lyon, Nice, Verona, Venice, Berlin, Bourgas, Izmir, Brussels, Split, Barcelona,
San Francisco (but this is up in the air currently due the likely travel ban, but may fly as freight only)

Cork to
Amsterdam

Increase in frequency across all routes which resumed in July 1,
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Cork to
Amsterdam
Seems to be only three times weekly (the afternoon flight - Monday/Friday/Sunday) until 14 August; From Sun 16 August the daily morning flight seems to be back too, bringing service back up to the normal 10-times-weekly level.

KLM's ORK service, which was supposed to commence on March 30, will now operate daily from Monday 3 August.
Old Jun 30, 20, 7:54 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
YYZ service not operating until at least 10th August (I was emailed this morning):

Aerlingus flights Dublin to Toronto from the 20th of July until the 10th of August are no longer operating.
Unfortunately, due to changes in our flight schedule arising from the current extraordinary circumstances, this flight has been cancelled.
Old Jun 30, 20, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by sofasurfer View Post
YYZ service not operating until at least 10th August (I was emailed this morning):
What rebooking options (if any) were mentioned? Or are you being pushed to rebook on a different date/refund to a voucher?
Old Jun 30, 20, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
What rebooking options (if any) were mentioned? Or are you being pushed to rebook on a different date/refund to a voucher?
This was a BAEC booking using Avios. I just logged in to check the flight status on MMB, it isnt yet showing up on there as cancelled (I dont know if there is a delay for the data to feed through to BAEC, so will give it another day or so).

For some reason, I have only received an email for the outbound PNR, and not the return (scheduled for 4 days after, and within the timeframe they have confirmed service is cancelled).

In answer to your question, here is the text of the email in full:

Dear Guest,

Please note that the following information only applies to guests that booked directly on aerlingus.com. If your booking was made with a travel agent, please contact the agent for further information.

Aerlingus flights Dublin to Toronto from the 20th of July until the 10th of August are no longer operating.

Unfortunately, due to changes in our flight schedule arising from the current extraordinary circumstances, this flight has been cancelled. We apologise for this inconvenience.

We propose the following options:

You can book to travel at a later date. Please go to our website aerlingus.com or the app and manage your booking there. No change fee will apply however you may be charged a fare difference.

You can request a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges) Applying for a voucher is really easy, just follow the steps at: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fo...-request-form/. Please click here for relevant terms and conditions https://www.aerlingus.com/plan-and-b...s-information/ .

Alternatively, you can request a refund. For information on how to do this and your rights under Regulation (EC) 261/2004, please follow this link www.aerlingus.com/support/legal/regulation.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers is our number one priority. Follow this link https://www.aerlingus.com/experience...afety-measures to learn more about the additional measures we are introducing to protect the health of our customers and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you on-board soon.

Kind regards,

The Aer Lingus Team
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 20, 1:02 pm

Quick update, as a data point for anyone else thats using BAEC Avios for EI redemptions:
This was a BAEC booking using Avios. I just logged in to check the flight status on MMB, it isnt yet showing up on there as cancelled (I dont know if there is a delay for the data to feed through to BAEC, so will give it another day or so).
Received emails from BAEC this morning, confirming both flights (separate PNRs) have been cancelled.

For some reason, I have only received an email [from EI] for the outbound PNR, and not the return (scheduled for 4 days after, and within the timeframe they have confirmed service is cancelled).
I still havent had an email from EI regarding the second cancellation, but got one from BAEC. I suspect that may arrive in the next few days (not that I need it; BAEC has confirmed and thats what I need to get my cancellation done and not have to pay canx fees)
Old Jul 5, 20, 11:26 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Just curious...

Just wondering what the T2/EI experience is like at the moment?

Normally Id have locked in several Q3 work trips and an August family holiday by the end of June. Pretty sure I wont be flying again this year and Q1 2021 is questionable...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 20, 1:22 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
The south gates are closed...

Its a ghost town

Heading out on the 21st July assuming the 20th is confirmed as the magic day

Search this Thread
Search Engine: