FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   DUB - JFK Aer lingus flight loads (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/2018012-dub-jfk-aer-lingus-flight-loads.html)

dr benway May 19, 2020 8:09 am

DUB - JFK Aer lingus flight loads

Hello

Does anyone know generally how full these flights have been over the past week and what they look like in the first 2 weeks or so of June , please?

also, for the connecting flight man - dub, which is less full, BA/aer lingus or ryanair?

looks like I have to return to NY from UK, before June 16. No man - jfk direct available, at this time.

also it seems J not worth it at the moment?

DUB because of CBP at the airport. any other route suggestions/comments much appreciated

thanks!

Airprox May 19, 2020 8:39 am

I think you might have clicked in the wrong forum?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/

dr benway May 19, 2020 8:47 am

cant I use my BA avios for these flights?

LondonElite May 19, 2020 8:58 am

There is no real correlation between how full a flight is and your ability to use Avios to book a ticket. Also, if you book a separate MAN-DUB, you don't have a connection, which could be problematic in the sense that you may get stranded in DUB, which may or may not be a problem with you citizenship/residence status. Perhaps it might be easier if you asked what you are really looking for an answer to.

Often1 May 19, 2020 8:59 am

Also worth remembering that with fewer frequencies, if one no shows for a flight, it may be a day or two before the next one.

Dambus May 19, 2020 9:07 am

Plenty of reward availability at the moment across most EI routes that are still operating.

Be aware that there is an issue with booking EI awards on Avios.com (prices are incorrect/inflated). Not sure if this affects bookings using BA Avios.

Not sure about JFK but some colleagues have flown DUB-ORD at various points over the last few weeks and loads were light.

dr benway May 19, 2020 9:07 am

I am asking about the flight loads because I want to know how full a flight is. It has nothing to do with seat availability . I would prefer not to be on a full plane on a transatlantic flight right now, if possible .

I was hoping that someone with access to that information could post it here

thanks

corporate-wage-slave May 19, 2020 9:13 am

Originally Posted by dr benway (Post 32387707)
I am asking about the flight loads because I want to know how full a flight is. It has nothing to do with seat availability . I would prefer not to be on a full plane on a transatlantic flight right now, if possible .

I was hoping that someone with access to that information could post it here

I have made 4 BA flights to or from JFK in late March and April, there have typically just been 2 or 3 dozen passengers on board. If pre-clearance is your issue, then DHS staff are attending departures to sort out issues. I've no idea about Aer Lingus.

LondonElite May 19, 2020 9:21 am

I thought the preclearance centres were closed until further notice? Only an airline insider can tell you with any accuracy what the flight load on a particular date in June is. The rest of us here are just guessing. In some cases we can do a little better than stabbing in the dark, but we don't know.

ROKNA May 19, 2020 11:19 am

EI has suspended J operations to JFK due the local situation in NYC, so you won't find availability to/from JFK in J for cash or points

Business cabin is being used for crew as the return crew fly out and swap over in the US to avoid overnighting

mrdisco May 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA (Post 32388094)
EI has suspended J operations to JFK due the local situation in NYC, so you won't find availability to/from JFK in J for cash or points

Business cabin is being used for crew as the return crew fly out and swap over in the US to avoid overnighting

i also assumed this but I just did a dummy booking for this weekend and business was on sale (Empty on the way out, 8 seats occupied on the return....)

ROKNA May 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Possible its been discontinued as the situation in NYC has improved somewhat. BOS/ORD still overnighted

Sat is the first day with J available.

EI is offering MAN - DUB -JFK in June but hard to have any trust in the schedule.

IE - UK, lucky to see double digits onboard, even flights cancelled when no one showed up at the gate. You won't get far at Dublin unless you are a US resident or citizen or otherwise specifically invited by the US authorities to travel.

dr benway May 19, 2020 11:44 pm

thanks all for the replies/info

its been a while since I was a regular here, but iirc, there used to be a software tool [KVS?] that showed what seats were sold etc, and forum members would post. is that tool no longer working?

I am an LPR [green card holder] and UK citizen, so travel is permitted. I had to return to the UK for family reasons and then got caught by Covid.

If I dont return home [US], in less than 180 days [June 16], my "residency" requirement for citizenship resets back 5 years.

LondonElite May 20, 2020 12:27 am

There are services such as KVS and ExpertFlyer (which is legal) but they just tell you how many tickets the airline is willing to sell in a fare category. This really doesn’t tell you a great deal about the actual flight loads, other than all 9s suggest fairly open and all 1s and 0s suggest fairly full. All could change on the day.