Face covering now required onboard

Old May 17, 2020, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Face covering now required onboard

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fl...n-information/

Come prepared if you plan to fly

Face coverings required on board

Maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our customers and our staff is our number one priority.

From Monday 18 May all customers flying with us will be requested to use a mask or suitable face covering from the point of boarding the aircraft until they are inside the destination airport. This will be a mandatory requirement from Thursday 21st May. This is a temporary measure to enable us collectively play our part in keeping everyone safe on board.

We recommend that customers bring sufficient face coverings for the duration of their journey. Face coverings can be reusable cloth masks or disposable masks. Wearing of face coverings is mandatory while boarding and for the duration of the flight. Customers who are unable to keep a face covering in place, including children, are exempt from the mandatory application of the policy.

We recommend that customers consider wearing a face covering from the time of entry into the departure airport.

Our cabin crew will also be wearing suitable face coverings during flight.

The wearing of a face covering will be mandatory until August 31, 2020.
cesar4nier and MM00LL2 like this.
Old May 17, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
No issue with that.

With Italy opening up I wonder will they put on some flights in July/August maybe?
Old May 17, 2020, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I'd rather see safe countries, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic which handled things well with low rates and excellent healthcare.

Italy, Spain, France I wouldn't be heading there anytime soon
Old May 18, 2020, 3:10 pm

I'd rather see safe countries, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic which handled things well with low rates and excellent healthcare.

Actually Greece is the country to look too with regards to who managed it well along with the Canary Islands !
alserire likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold

Given that they've continued flying to the UK throughout, I don't think the competence of a country's response to the outbreak is the predominant factor in determining where Aer Lingus will fly...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.