Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Refund/Voucher for Reward Booking via Avios.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund/Voucher for Reward Booking via Avios.com

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI has an agreement with UA which allows this, only for EI accounts

You can earn avios on UA if sold by EI with a Aer Club number on the booking
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Has anyone had notification from Avios of an Aer Lingus flight being cancelled?

If so, how long before the departure date was it officially cancelled?

Have a flight to AGP booked on 12th June and I haven't heard anything, it is no longer available online (1st available day to book is now 1st July).
Old May 28, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
I had a DUB-BRS for August which was showing cancelled in the GDS but no notification from Avios so I had to call them and ask them to check it out, which they did, and then offered to refund.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:10 am
Original Poster

I contacted Avios this morning about a flight I have DUB-NCE this June. EI have zero'd out availability on aerlingus.com until July 20th, but the flights haven't been marked as cancelled yet. Guess this feeds into the wider issue of cancelling and cash vs. refunds.

Avios advised to contact them no later than 48 hrs before the flight. Hopefully EI will cancel before then as it's standard cancellation terms until then.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by mrkflyer
I contacted Avios this morning about a flight I have DUB-NCE this June. EI have zero'd out availability on aerlingus.com until July 20th, but the flights haven't been marked as cancelled yet. Guess this feeds into the wider issue of cancelling and cash vs. refunds.

Avios advised to contact them no later than 48 hrs before the flight. Hopefully EI will cancel before then as it's standard cancellation terms until then.
I contacted Avios about my 12th June AGP flight via the online chat earlier on today and they confirmed it is now cancelled so they processed the refund & return of points.

Just keep on trying them every week, to see if the cancellation has posted.
DCJoe1 likes this.
Old May 29, 2020, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
I contacted Avios about my 12th June AGP flight via the online chat earlier on today and they confirmed it is now cancelled so they processed the refund & return of points.

Just keep on trying them every week, to see if the cancellation has posted.
Thanks for that piece of news. My flight was at the end of June so it sounds like it should be cancelled in the next 2 weeks.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:19 am

Similar to above- friend had a mid-August Avios.com booking on United codeshare that was cancelled. Called last week and Avios immediately agreed to a refund. Quoted up to 6 weeks for refund to fully post, should be faster, but CSR wanted to hedge her bets.

Edited to add: Refund posted in about 5 days!

Last edited by DCJoe1; Jun 3, 2020 at 10:40 am Reason: Added info
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Which route was this on?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by barnstaple
Which route was this on?
DUB-IAD.

United has cancelled it through October.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:41 am
Original Poster

To round out the thread and the question I originally asked, I received an e-mail on Tuesday finally advising that Aer Lingus had cancelled the booking, a little under 2 weeks out from the journey. All I had to do was reply to the e-mail saying I wanted a refund. Fast forward to Friday and the cash and Avios components of the booking have been refunded. So some kudos to the team at Avios for turning around the refund quickly when the airlines are dragging their feet.

FWIW, EI had updated the PNR on their side the week before, but it took Avios a few days to reflect that back into their system.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm about to book some EI flights fully with Aer Club Avios (and only a $12 tax/fee). No discounted amount, etc. I don't really understand these terms on their website. If I need to cancel, are the points just redeposited and I forfeit the tax/fee like with BA? I've never booked with EI before so not sure how this works. The flight is DUB-FCO.

In the event that a Member wishes to change a flight booking where the Member has used Avios to obtain a discount, the published fare rules applicable to that booking will apply. Where appropriate, Members will be charged a change fee, as well as any fare difference. These charges cannot be paid for with Pay with Avios.

If a Member wishes to cancel a booking where the Member has used Avios to obtain a discount, the published fare rules will apply (i.e. Avios will be refundable only where the fare is refundable). If you are due a partial refund, any non-Avios payment will be refunded first (per the fare rules), followed by a refund of Avios (if any per the fare rules) to your AerClub account.
It is not possible to change the discount option once a booking has been completed.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm about to book some EI flights fully with Aer Club Avios (and only a $12 tax/fee). No discounted amount, etc. I don't really understand these terms on their website. If I need to cancel, are the points just redeposited and I forfeit the tax/fee like with BA? I've never booked with EI before so not sure how this works. The flight is DUB-FCO.
Is anyone able to chime in on this? Bought a DUB-EDI flight for June 2023, but my plans might be changing and wondering if I can get all the avios back and just lose the taxes like with BA.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.