Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Avios from estore not posting - options?

Old Mar 4, 20, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus

Hi all,

If anyone has a solution to this, Iíd be grateful if they could let me know. Itís a very frustrating problemÖ

Iíve made several bookings on Hotels.com via the EI estore so that I earn the free nights and some Avios (I know you receive fewer Avios when you chose to earn reward nights but thatís ok).

You get two emails from estore after making a booking this way. First email is approx. 24 hours after the booking is made to tell you how many Avios the booking will earn and the second email comes a few months (exactly how long varies massively IME) after the stay in the hotel to say that the Avios will be posted to you account in a few days. Then a few days after that, these Avios appear.

For 13 bookings in Autumn 2019, I got the first email and then on December 23rd, for the same bookings, I got the 2nd email. The Avios never showed up, so I waited and they still failed to post to my account so I emailed estore to see whatís going on. I got an automated response, waited 10 days and emailed again to look for an update but thus far, Iíve not heard anything back. Thereís a substantial number of Avios here so Iím going to pursue this in as far as I can but could anyone suggest any alternatives here? Emailing estore just results in automatic emails saying theyíre looking into it but this has been going on for weeks now.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 5, 20, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
Hi all,

If anyone has a solution to this, Iíd be grateful if they could let me know. Itís a very frustrating problemÖ

Iíve made several bookings on Hotels.com via the EI estore so that I earn the free nights and some Avios (I know you receive fewer Avios when you chose to earn reward nights but thatís ok).

You get two emails from estore after making a booking this way. First email is approx. 24 hours after the booking is made to tell you how many Avios the booking will earn and the second email comes a few months (exactly how long varies massively IME) after the stay in the hotel to say that the Avios will be posted to you account in a few days. Then a few days after that, these Avios appear.

For 13 bookings in Autumn 2019, I got the first email and then on December 23rd, for the same bookings, I got the 2nd email. The Avios never showed up, so I waited and they still failed to post to my account so I emailed estore to see whatís going on. I got an automated response, waited 10 days and emailed again to look for an update but thus far, Iíve not heard anything back. Thereís a substantial number of Avios here so Iím going to pursue this in as far as I can but could anyone suggest any alternatives here? Emailing estore just results in automatic emails saying theyíre looking into it but this has been going on for weeks now.

Thanks in advance!
Iíve given up, my issue was with Hilton hotels! I also have avios trapped in the EI estore that Iím unable to move to partners such as BA. I now purchase via the Virgin Atlantic ShopsAway portal which seems to be tracking correctly, although oddly I think they are all operated by the same background platform.
Old Mar 5, 20, 2:21 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ferg01 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
This may not be the issue however I noticed in the last while my estore postings have appeared as you describe above but in the transaction record they pop up on the date of the transaction. So in your example above your transactions from Autumn 2019 would appear in your avios posting record likely around that time instead of the date you actually received the avios.

But the avios did still post to my account but I know at times (as I tend to have various bits of activity happening consistently so don't track my balance thoroughly) I thought a couple of my transactions hadn't posted but in fact they had just appeared miles down the record. Downloading the .csv file and searching for hotels.com for example will find them quickly if you have a lot of activity to search through.

Obviously if you are sure the avios did not post and your balance didn't increase then ignore the above. I've not tried estore customer service but going on what others say (and in BA forum) it is pretty terrible.
Old Mar 6, 20, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus
Thanks for the responses. Points are 100% not posting to my account I'm afraid.

I had assumed that the customer service levels here were terrible! I'll try Hotels.com and the Concierge email address to see if that gets me anywhere.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: