Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

How to get through to the Dublin office

How to get through to the Dublin office

Old Jan 15, 20, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Unhappy How to get through to the Dublin office

Does anyone have a hack to get through to the Irish EI help centre?
I've been using the Dublin 01 number but I keep getting through to the outsourced customer service which is painfully unhelpful.

I've had 2 agents tell me this morning that they can't request a reward upgrade for me because an agency booked my flight. I know this not to be true as I've done it before and also the agency would not have access to EI's seat assignments.
Old Jan 15, 20, 9:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Strictly speaking it is correct

Tickets sold by travel agents remain under the agents control until 72 hours before departure.

Are you sure you have been ticketed? Just because the agent has issued an itinerary to you doesn't mean the ticket has actually been issued.
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:31 pm

Programs: AerClub, BAEC.
Originally Posted by paulieccc View Post
I've been using the Dublin 01 number but I keep getting through to the outsourced customer service which is painfully unhelpful.
AerClub line and nearly every other department afaik was moved from an Irish outsourced call centre to a Philippines outsourced call centre in recent months.

You could try the email route instead - [email protected]
Old Jan 16, 20, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
Strictly speaking it is correct

Tickets sold by travel agents remain under the agents control until 72 hours before departure.

Are you sure you have been ticketed? Just because the agent has issued an itinerary to you doesn't mean the ticket has actually been issued.
Got confirmation email with Ref. codes etc so I assume that means it's ticketed.

Originally Posted by DiegoTristan View Post
AerClub line and nearly every other department afaik was moved from an Irish outsourced call centre to a Philippines outsourced call centre in recent months.

Oh dear.

Cool, I'll give that email a go, thanks!
Old Jan 16, 20, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by paulieccc View Post

I've had 2 agents tell me this morning that they can't request a reward upgrade for me because an agency booked my flight. I know this not to be true as I've done it before and also the agency would not have access to EI's seat assignments.
Where upgrades are concerned EI can '' take over'' the booking at any time. It has never been a problem and neither should it be. Call back and ask to speak to a supervisor or send a DM via Twitter as they seem to action that quickly.
larrynews likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiegoTristan View Post
This worked a treat. Got a reply within 24hrs saying that the upgrade has been requested for me.
Thanks again!
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler Gold, Delta Gold, Alaska/VX Gold, SPG Gold for Life
Does anybody have any tips with securing the upgrade during the first 24 hours of booking the coach seats? I just tried booking and then emailing [email protected] with my details, but I did not get a response in time and decided to cancel my booking to ensure I got a refund and I guess I will start all over again. The agent suggested I call Aerclub directly if they could help with the booking and upgrade at the same time?
Old Jan 23, 20, 2:17 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mailbotx View Post
Does anybody have any tips with securing the upgrade during the first 24 hours of booking the coach seats? I just tried booking and then emailing [email protected] with my details, but I did not get a response in time and decided to cancel my booking to ensure I got a refund and I guess I will start all over again. The agent suggested I call Aerclub directly if they could help with the booking and upgrade at the same time?
If you call aerclub straight away then they can process your request straight away but you may not get confirmation within the 24 hour window. Possibly though they could give you an indication as to the likelihood of success.
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:09 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
The usual game is to call first and confirm there is space available for upgrade, have a few alternatives to hand if possible

While on the call complete the final stage of the booking and pass the agent the PNR, upgrade should be processed there and then.

Profit...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: