Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EI seat selection on Avios ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Reviving an old thread.

Tried a couple of times on Friday and again earlier today and it seems free seat selection for Avios bookings is no longer offered (at least for short haul).

(Updated - enquired again and was directed to the link and details below. Looks like free seat selection on Avios tickets is a thing of the past)

Spending Avios - Aer Lingus

Can I add seats or bags to my Avios reward bookings?
A 20kg bag is included on Avios reward flights, but it is possible to purchase a seat preference, an additional bag or special equipment by contacting Aer Lingus up to 4 hours before departure. Avios bookings cannot be managed on aerlingus.com, but if you need to change your itinerary, you can contact Avios directly on avios.com.

Last edited by Dambus; Oct 11, 2021 at 9:14 am Reason: (Updated)
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Reviving an old thread.

Tried a couple of times on Friday and again earlier today and it seems free seat selection for Avios bookings is no longer offered (at least for short haul).

(Updated - enquired again and was directed to the link and details below. Looks like free seat selection on Avios tickets is a thing of the past)

Spending Avios - Aer Lingus

Can I add seats or bags to my Avios reward bookings?
A 20kg bag is included on Avios reward flights, but it is possible to purchase a seat preference, an additional bag or special equipment by contacting Aer Lingus up to 4 hours before departure. Avios bookings cannot be managed on aerlingus.com, but if you need to change your itinerary, you can contact Avios directly on avios.com.
Weird recently I called Aer Lingus they confirmed bag added which I could not see online and also offered me 7A free . After the call both showed up online .
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thats what should happen, though having status with EI might help

If you roll up to the Aer Club desk card in hand on the day in Dublin, any available seat is yours for the asking
Old Oct 13, 2021, 1:57 am

I was denied a free seat selection request on an avios ticket when talking to the concierge line. However I should note that the avios ticket while booked by me was for someone else.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Weird recently I called Aer Lingus they confirmed bag added which I could not see online and also offered me 7A free . After the call both showed up online .
Tried one last time as above but no dice on the seat selection.

It's a bit off putting that (after checking-in on-line) the boarding passes state no 20kg checked bag and no carry on (including for myself when I think I am allowed a 10kg carry on?).

Tomorrow will tell.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Tried one last time as above but no dice on the seat selection.

It's a bit off putting that (after checking-in on-line) the boarding passes state no 20kg checked bag and no carry on (including for myself when I think I am allowed a 10kg carry on?).

Tomorrow will tell.
Yes as a status holder you will have 10kg carry on privileges.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:46 pm

Called today and agent assigned row 8 free and manually added bag so I could see it after logging in after the call . Not sure why some are hitting a wall with regards this .
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
Called today and agent assigned row 8 free and manually added bag so I could see it after logging in after the call . Not sure why some are hitting a wall with regards this .
Strange. Were you traveling alone? Mine was a family booking - wonder if that makes a difference. Also, flight went out 100% full.

Not sure where the call centers are these days but of my four attempts three seemed to be routed to the US.

For what’s it’s worth, at check-in there was no issue with checked bags or hand luggage. Assuming “carry on bag” printed on the boarding pass means you can bring on a 10kg bag then I think we were all given than option (5 PAX). Agent did look for better seats but there were just a couple of single, unassigned seats further forward at that stage.

We flew Saturday lunch time and in old money it felt like a moderately busy day but the staff were saying it was one of busiest they had seen since lockdown. No fast track at T2 but the regular line only took about 20 min to get through. AerClub lounge was about 70% full downstairs and almost empty upstairs. The wraps and salads were a nice addition but went really quickly.

Lack of priority boarding didn’t really matter as we were down the end and there was no issue with overhead space.

Overall things went smoothly and it was great to be on the move again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.