Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Trouble Using AerClub Avios for Qantas

Old Oct 12, 2019, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P

Hi all,

I logged on Avios.com and tried to use AerClub Avios to book a Qantas flight. But it showed no availability. I can see the availability on Ba.com and Aa.com. Does AerClub block certain Qantas flights or is the booking by phone only? Thank you!

I had trouble to transfer the avios to BA even though I use the same personal details. Otherwise, I would just transfer and book on BA.com.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
AerLingus doesn't partner with Qantas. You can still use your AerClub Avios to book that flight, but you've got to transfer them to either BA or Iberia.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mordac
AerLingus doesn't partner with Qantas. You can still use your AerClub Avios to book that flight, but you've got to transfer them to either BA or Iberia.
I see. Does AerLingus partner with Cathay? Thank you.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
I think the only airlines you can book with Avios directly from AerClub are the other IAG group ones, e.g. BA, IB, and Vueling. You can also earn (but not redeem) from United. Someone correct me if I've missed anything.
kgkg and irishguy28 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Correct

Qantas and Cathay are no longer partners, both left the program in July 2018

BA, IB, IE should work
Level , Vueling may work, but unclear

Grey area is if its a codeshare i.e. BA code on a Finnair or AA
kgkg likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Rokna and Mordac.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Grey area is if its a codeshare i.e. BA code on a Finnair or AA
I've never encountered a codeshare for award flights in any programme. Is it ever done?
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
In the context of the JV it may be possible

Simple rule here is if you cannot get in with EI, transfer the points to BA and you should have access to almost all OW carriers
Old Oct 14, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by blagger
I've never encountered a codeshare for award flights in any programme. Is it ever done?
Very, very rarely, and typically only on routes where the airline doing the codesharing is entirely reliant on a third party to connect to a particular destination, and then only for members of the FFP of the airline placing the codeshare on these flights.

Aer Club members certainly can't book BA codeshares operated by Finnair and AA as suggested above. And you certainly can't book Qantas flights through Aer Club just because BA may codeshare on some of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.