Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Transfer AerClub Avios to BA Executive Club

Old Sep 6, 19, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum

I have some Aer Lingus AVIOS sitting out there and no need to fly to Europe currently. I called BA about transferring the Aer Lingus AVIOS to BA and they said that they no longer do those transfers. Any suggestions from forum members on this? Thanks.

George
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:51 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Just log into your Avios.com account and go to “Manage my Account” followed by “Combine my Avios”. There you can move Avios back and forth between Avios, BA and IB accounts.

The only constraint is that the account details on each account much match exactly (Name, DOB, address etc.)

I suspect the BA person you spoke to was confused by the fact that Avios accounts not linked to a Frequent flyer programmer are no longer available. Many in the UK would have had both but everyone got rolled into BA Avios a couple of years ago.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:17 pm

Ok, basic question here, but how do I login or create an avios.com account if I have an Aerlingus Aerclub account? It just gives the options to sign in via British airways, iberia and myairitaly.
Old Sep 8, 19, 11:35 pm

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Martin84 View Post
Ok, basic question here, but how do I login or create an avios.com account if I have an Aerlingus Aerclub account? It just gives the options to sign in via British airways, iberia and myairitaly.
You log into avios.com using your aer lingus credentials. You automatically should have both accounts.
Old Sep 9, 19, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
You log into avios.com using your aer lingus credentials. You automatically should have both accounts.
I tried logging into Avios.com with both my BA and AL credentials. Neither one will work with my email and password. I can log into my AL and BA club sites and see my miles.
Old Sep 9, 19, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeDickel View Post
I tried logging into Avios.com with both my BA and AL credentials. Neither one will work with my email and password. I can log into my AL and BA club sites and see my miles.
Yeah, same here, I can log in to Aer Lingus Aerclub, but not to avios.com with the same credentials. Guess Ill have to contact avios.com
Old Sep 9, 19, 3:08 pm

Emailed [email protected], and got this back:

The Avios Travel Rewards Programme has now closed, if you are a UK member we have transferred your account to the BA Executive Club. For help accessing your account please contact the Executive Club on 0344 493 0747.

If you are a member of Vueling, Flybe or AerClub we will respond to your query within the next 14 days. For anything urgent regarding your booking please call us on the below number;
Old Sep 9, 19, 4:28 pm

When logging into Avios, make sure to use your username, not your email address.
Old Sep 10, 19, 2:34 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by blagger View Post
When logging into Avios, make sure to use your username, not your email address.
Yes try as above and if that fails try resetting your password via avios.com using EI email address. If you've previously had a stand alone avios.com account with the same email this could be causing issues as these accounts would have been closed and migrated to BAEC.
Old Sep 13, 19, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

After my 2nd chat session, Avios customer support was finally able to get me into the Avios.com site.

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Yes try as above and if that fails try resetting your password via avios.com using EI email address. If you've previously had a stand alone avios.com account with the same email this could be causing issues as these accounts would have been closed and migrated to BAEC.
mccartje and Dambus like this.

Search this Thread