FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Priority Seats/Boarding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1984737-priority-seats-boarding.html)

Kev D Aug 27, 2019 12:09 pm

Priority Seats/Boarding

Hi everyone,

I booked a flight BRU-DUB-LAX with Aer Lingus & opted for Choice Seats (BRU-DUB) + Priority Seats (DUB-LAX). According to the Aer Lingus website both seat types include "Priority Boarding" (source: Aer Lingus website -> Experience Aer Lingus -> Seats & Cabin -> Transatlantic Economy Flights).

But when I check Travel Extras on their website it claims that "Priority Boarding" is only available for flights within Europe (source: Aer Lingus website -> Plan & Book -> Travel Extras).

FYI: I opted for Choice/Priority Seats because I'm traveling with carry-on only & they say you get first access to the overhead bins.

When I check my booking information on their website I can see the correct seat types (Choice & Priority) have been assigned to me but under my Travel Extras it only shows "Priority Boarding" for departing BRU & DUB - so no LAX even though I have the Priority Seats assigned.

I tried to get in touch with Aer Lingus about the inconsistent information on their website but I feel like they're ignoring me. I emailed them again asking why there's no Priority Boarding in my account for LAX so let's hope somebody gets back to me now...

Has anyone ever had Priority Boarding before from a US -> EU flight that was not included through AerClub but using the Priority Seat option?

Thanks!

EDIT: couldn't add links so added website breadcrumb for source reference

ROKNA Aug 27, 2019 12:42 pm

Priority boarding should be offered at all locations for EU flights, however on US/CA flights boarding is by row and they call the seats rows in 'choice' first where you selected the seats,

So its not exactly the same but you should board before the rest.

Overhead space is rarely an issue on long haul the centre bins on the A330 are HUGE

SmokeyTheBear Nov 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kev D (Post 31462767)
Hi everyone,

I booked a flight BRU-DUB-LAX with Aer Lingus & opted for Choice Seats (BRU-DUB) + Priority Seats (DUB-LAX). According to the Aer Lingus website both seat types include "Priority Boarding" (source: Aer Lingus website -> Experience Aer Lingus -> Seats & Cabin -> Transatlantic Economy Flights).

But when I check Travel Extras on their website it claims that "Priority Boarding" is only available for flights within Europe (source: Aer Lingus website -> Plan & Book -> Travel Extras).

FYI: I opted for Choice/Priority Seats because I'm traveling with carry-on only & they say you get first access to the overhead bins.

When I check my booking information on their website I can see the correct seat types (Choice & Priority) have been assigned to me but under my Travel Extras it only shows "Priority Boarding" for departing BRU & DUB - so no LAX even though I have the Priority Seats assigned.

I tried to get in touch with Aer Lingus about the inconsistent information on their website but I feel like they're ignoring me. I emailed them again asking why there's no Priority Boarding in my account for LAX so let's hope somebody gets back to me now...

Has anyone ever had Priority Boarding before from a US -> EU flight that was not included through AerClub but using the Priority Seat option?

Thanks!

EDIT: couldn't add links so added website breadcrumb for source reference

Did they end up doing priority boarding on your flight? Trying to gauge whether it's worth it or not for that LAX flight.