Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AerClub: maintaining same tier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
How many is the EI metal flights is the minimum for each tier?
I assume you mean in a soft landing situation (as of course you can only get tier credits flying EI metal). @ROKNA suggested 4 previously, s/he seems to be on the ball with most things EI so I'd go with that.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The T&C's set down what a EI metal flight is and for Platinum I believe its 4 EI flights on 4 EI 053 stock tickets

Platinum = 1 upgrade
Earn 601+ further upgrade is available, so you get next years as soon as you have requalified
If you continue and make 1051 in the same year get 4 more

So in theory in 12 months it is possible to earn 6...

And I've done that
MP001 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
The T&C's set down what a EI metal flight is and for Platinum I believe its 4 EI flights on 4 EI 053 stock tickets

Platinum = 1 upgrade
Earn 601+ further upgrade is available, so you get next years as soon as you have requalified
If you continue and make 1051 in the same year get 4 more

So in theory in 12 months it is possible to earn 6...

And I've done that
So that sounds like they are cumulative so...I've never asked how many I have. Going by that I should have 13 in the bank (upgrade to plat year 1 (+1 UG), next earning year 2 still plat (+1 UG), used 1 UG (-1 UG), upgrade to Conc in year 2 (+4), new year 3 conc (+4), retain conc year 3 with 1051 earned (+4)). Maybe I should ring up and ask but I still get the feeling I'll be told I have 4, hopefully I'm wrong.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
But the upgrade is only valid for a year so if you don't use them you loose them
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:21 am

Maintaining concierge status

Hi all

I have been concierge since Nov 22, expiring in Nov 23.

This year so far I’ve flown 4 short haul return flights, 2 on Aer space and one transatlantic on saver - currently sitting on circa 280 tier credits.

The app now says I have ‘earned enough tier credits to retain concierge tier status’? Is this correct or a glitch in the app? I’ve logged in and out and nothing changes.

I do have another 3 short haul return flights booked on aer space and one business transatlantic return booked before the end of my next tier credit anniversary date which should get me to over 601 tier credits for the year.

Can anyone tell me if it makes sense that I have ‘retained’ concierge for next year based on the above?
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Lojo905
Hi all

I have been concierge since Nov 22, expiring in Nov 23.

This year so far I’ve flown 4 short haul return flights, 2 on Aer space and one transatlantic on saver - currently sitting on circa 280 tier credits.

The app now says I have ‘earned enough tier credits to retain concierge tier status’? Is this correct or a glitch in the app? I’ve logged in and out and nothing changes.

I do have another 3 short haul return flights booked on aer space and one business transatlantic return booked before the end of my next tier credit anniversary date which should get me to over 601 tier credits for the year.

Can anyone tell me if it makes sense that I have ‘retained’ concierge for next year based on the above?
How is the app saying this? Is it suggesting your new expiry date is November 2024? If so that sounds like a glitch.

I’m platinum till November 2023. Just passed 601 for this year so the expiry date is now November 2024. Which is perfectly normal. Yours doesn’t sound normal at all.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by alserire
How is the app saying this? Is it suggesting your new expiry date is November 2024? If so that sounds like a glitch.

I’m platinum till November 2023. Just passed 601 for this year so the expiry date is now November 2024. Which is perfectly normal. Yours doesn’t sound normal at all.
Where it previously said ‘You need to earn XX Tier Credits by 11/23 to stay in the CONCIERGE tier’ is replaced now by ‘You have earned enough tier credits to retain CONCIERGE tier status’. This all happened after talking my flight on Thursday.

My Concierge expiry date still says Nov 2023 on my loyalty card.
alserire likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Lojo905
Where it previously said ‘You need to earn XX Tier Credits by 11/23 to stay in the CONCIERGE tier’ is replaced now by ‘You have earned enough tier credits to retain CONCIERGE tier status’. This all happened after talking my flight on Thursday.

My Concierge expiry date still says Nov 2023 on my loyalty card.
Yep its a glitch on the app says same on mine but when I log in via desktop its correct . Im sitting at 912 tier points and my year ends November 23.

alserire and irishguy28 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:22 pm

[/QUOTE]
Final one from me and apologies if asked before - for tier credits earned before the end of your anniversary date - 23/11/23 in my case but recorded after the year end, in which year do the tier credit count towards?

5.1 says earned but 5.2 says earned and recorded? If I was to fly on 22/11 it would be earned this year but not ‘recorded’ until after the year end.

I’ve seen people say in the past they had issues with this but you would think it’s do with when the credits are earned? The wording of 5.2 however leads me to believe otherwise.

Getting this wrong could have a material impact as it would potentially be the difference in getting over 1051 credits or not.

5. Recognition: AerClub
Tiers & Tier Credits
The Membership Tier is determined by the
amount of Tier Credits earned by a Member
in an AerClub Anniversary Year. Tier Credits
can only be earned from travel on eligible
Sectors, fares and flights and as set out on
the AerClub website
Tier Benefits are determined by the number
of Tier Credits earned and recorded during an
AerClub Anniversary Year. Tier Credits will be
earned only after the Member has flown the
eligible Sector (except as provided in Clause
5.14 below). Each Member's Tier status will be
reviewed at the end of each AerClub
Anniversary Year. Tier Credits can only be
counted once. At the end of each AerClub
Anniversary Year, each Member's Tier Credits
shall be reset to zero.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 10:26 am

The glitch seems to have righted itself now and shows correct amount of Tier Points to renew.

Old Aug 20, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS
The glitch seems to have righted itself now and shows correct amount of Tier Points to renew.
How does one earn zero credits? Still glitching for me so maybe the fix is still rolling out…
DELLAS likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 5:32 pm

It seems to have happened after my iPhone did an auto app update .
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
How does one earn zero credits?
By flying on a reward ticket ;-)
Attached Images  
DELLAS and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 5:23 pm

System down tonight and this pop up message !

Pete_23567, irishguy28 and MP001 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:33 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I don't see a catch all AerClub megathread so gonna use this one but... <gripe inbound> it is outrageous the length of time they take to update status tiers & post Avios after flights.

I'm still waiting on tier credits (which will get me to Silver) and Avios from flights I took on 22nd December. I know its Christmas but Christ how have they now automated any of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.