Concierge Summer benefits (email)

Old Jul 18, 19, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Concierge Summer benefits (email)

Aerclub adding some extra perks for concierge members it seems. Ok bonus discounts and avios at some retail partners (Applebys and Kildare village). Interestingly a barista service in the lounge in Dublin at peak morning hours (4:15 - 7), or though it is unclear if this is just for concierge members or in general and also if only just for summer period or it will be permanent. I can imagine that it will be quite busy at that time. Wonder where they will put it also, assuming from a special cart or something.

It's on their website now about the barista and yes it is available to all.

Last edited by mccartje; Jul 18, 19 at 4:31 am
Old Jul 18, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
So basically nothing.

In-flight experience offers nothing on EU for any status level and only Concierge get something on TATL in the back
alserire likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 4:00 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
The Barrista service is at the end of the counter where the glasses are normally kept in the Dublin lounge. Email hardly registered with me. I had to laugh during the week when I rang the Conc line to pre-assign seats. I have been advised that standard seat from rows 8 back are still bookable at no extra charge. When I rang I could see from a dummy booking that 8A was available on the EI 657 (FRA - DUB). Low and behold I was told that the furthest I could be seated was 15A. Didnít bother pushing it. Changed my seat the next day to 7F at the airport.....no bother. I work with about 10 Conc members as we all commute between FRA to DUB every week and EI has managed to piss us all off in different ways over the last 12 months. Nobody is now bothered to retain Conc and are traveling with FR and LH when it suits. In the past all would have been strictly EI. Itís a pity. Silver Aer Club membership gives us 90% of the benefits we value (priority boarding, fast track and lounge access). Basically the Black Card is of little value. On the very same 657 I ordered a Coke and paid the Ä2.50. Two tiny ice cubes (basically melted) and a warm can of coke. I asked the cabin crew member for more ice. You would swear I had asked him for his ATM card and PIN number. If looks could kill......
irishguy28, flame and DELLAS like this.

Last edited by trustno1; Jul 18, 19 at 4:07 pm
Old Jul 18, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Was thinking that myself. I was Platinum for a couple of years. Back to Silver for 2019 and you'd hardly notice the difference in terms of what really matters. Should be trying a lot harder for Concierge you'd think.
Old Jul 19, 19, 6:46 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
So basically nothing.

In-flight experience offers nothing on EU for any status level and only Concierge get something on TATL in the back
And what you get on TATL in the back is very little. Free wifi and maybe a bottle of wine depending on the cabin crew.
Old Jul 19, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by RMDrive View Post
And what you get on TATL in the back is very little. Free wifi and maybe a bottle of wine depending on the cabin crew.
And a newspaper...

The quarter bottles of wines are not worth it, the red is undrinkable. I have on occasion been able to secure a proper vintage in the cheap seats, plastic glass though.

The experience in Dublin is more a function of the staff recognising you, as I fly primary EU I do a lot of sectors so be in Dublin airport twice a month at least so am on first name basis with a fair few. Status means little, knowing Gloria means everything

The concierge line tells me they won't allocate seats anymore, not a problem as Dublin handle this for departures. Pain on TATL though but I normally get a seat 24 hours out when they say the upgrade hasn't gone through (again)
Old Jul 19, 19, 3:51 pm

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
And a newspaper...

The quarter bottles of wines are not worth it, the red is undrinkable. I have on occasion been able to secure a proper vintage in the cheap seats, plastic glass though.

The experience in Dublin is more a function of the staff recognising you, as I fly primary EU I do a lot of sectors so be in Dublin airport twice a month at least so am on first name basis with a fair few. Status means little, knowing Gloria means everything

The concierge line tells me they won't allocate seats anymore, not a problem as Dublin handle this for departures. Pain on TATL though but I normally get a seat 24 hours out when they say the upgrade hasn't gone through (again)
Funny, I think I've only got a newspaper once. Got the little wash bag from business a few times but I'd estimate that 50% of the time I get nothing beyond the wifi (which I often have to ask for).
Old Jul 19, 19, 3:54 pm

I had to ask for it as well last time out of SEA.

Even at Platinum I got the free vino...

To be honest I don't really care, I just want priority boarding to work properly (and the lounge machine to do a hot chocolate)

Search this Thread