seat selection

Old Jul 1, 19, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
seat selection

I'm in a party of 2 and want to select seats for one person only, but either you have to cough up the cash and pay for both or wait until OLCI... it errors out if you select for only one and try to proceed.
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:11 am

Call reservations and pay over phone with your card for one .
W213Sal likes this.
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Do they charge for International Business Class seat selection?
Old Jul 29, 19, 1:47 pm

Programs: Gold Circle
No, that is included - free selection from available seats at time of booking.
Old Jul 29, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Many thanks!! Looking at booking award seats and wondered if we would be able to select seats without additional fees. The other option is BA and we do not like to pay the high fees for BA on award travel.
Old Aug 1, 19, 11:29 am

Programs: EI Aer Club; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Club Elite; GHA Discovery Platinum
I'm on a TATL in Y next week. Just booked via my work's travel section and they put me in the last remaining free seat - middle row at the back. I know once a seat is selected you can't change it online but is there any point ringing EI? I'm happy to pay for a seat up front in a row of two (of which there are plenty still available).
Old Aug 2, 19, 12:32 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Call them, once selected you cannot change online.

But it will cost you
Old Aug 2, 19, 2:55 am

Programs: EI Aer Club; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Club Elite; GHA Discovery Platinum
Thanks. I know there will be a charge and am happy to pay this for a better seat, even though the money goes directly into EI's pocket as profit. I just didn't wanted to be on hold with customer service to be told there's nothing they can do so thanks for the reply.

Really wish EI would make it easier for pax to change seats. Flew with KLM recently and I was able to change seat on their app at the departure lounge. Even Ryanair makes this possible.

Search this Thread