Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Product Refresh

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Business Class Product Refresh

https://www.ittn.ie/news/aer-lingus-...0-off-flights/

"Mike Rutter, Chief Operating Officer, Aer Lingus, said: “We have worked hard to maintain the 4-star rating originally awarded in 2016 by maintaining and improving our high standards of service to guests. Our guest experience is constantly evolving and improving as the needs of travellers today are ever-changing.
“Looking forward, we are confident that we will maintain and further improve our guest experience, as we continue to execute our ambitious growth strategy. For example, soon we will roll out a full Business Class product refresh, 20MB of free WiFi for long-haul Economy Class guests, and complimentary beer and wine for long-haul Economy Class guests.”

A reference to Aer Space or a refresh of the recently (2015) upgraded TATL business class offering?
mccartje likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Possibly a revision to the latest version of the Thomson seat with the Jetblue style doors? There are 8 A321LR's to arrive and 2 A330?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:22 am

I think I am a bit old-school, but business class passengers should never have to tag his or her own bag.
Instead of express baggage drop for business class passengers, how about adding a few counters to handle priority check-in?

Carfield
Old Jun 30, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
There is a dedicated business class check in desk(s) at every EI destination which offers a business product.
alancostello likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
There is a dedicated business class check in desk(s) at every EI destination which offers a business product.
Even at Euro destinations (at least the ones I've been to) there's always an AerClub/Priority line, that onward J customers should be able to use too.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
MSP-DUB never again

Well I had my first first EI experience in J this week and can say it will be my last. I was excited to test out the product from MSP as fares seemed more reasonable than the typical DL fleecing. I now completely understand why I pay a premium - EI feels similar to FI on the service front and the short overnight with a euro Y connection is awful for a business passenger. Is the 321LR supposed to be significantly better? And is EI planning to upgrade the product and connecting experience in the near future?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Well I had my first first EI experience in J this week and can say it will be my last. I was excited to test out the product from MSP as fares seemed more reasonable than the typical DL fleecing. I now completely understand why I pay a premium - EI feels similar to FI on the service front and the short overnight with a euro Y connection is awful for a business passenger. Is the 321LR supposed to be significantly better? And is EI planning to upgrade the product and connecting experience in the near future?
No it's supposed to stay the same with the A321LR. Service level you see reflects the price and market level EI are going for. As you said if you're looking for better go with the major airlines and probably pay more (as long as you don't get stuck on one of their old planes which have an even worse product!).
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:25 am

I was disappointed with the seat on our last DUB-MCO A300.
I found the massage option made the seats back feel hard and I did get some backache from the seat.
the other issue is in flat bed. Mode the area where your feet go, wasn’t very wide, and I couldn't get comfortable as I couldn’t bend my legs.
the food and service was great however and pre clearance makes the journey much better, I wish they would tie up to get the pre check on the way back, as that MCO security is slow, even in the quiet tines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.